|Job Title:||Data Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Kym Hinds|
|Job Published:||August 09, 2021 14:03|
The successful candidate will work closely with various stakeholders, business subject matter experts, technical architects, cloud engineers and developers as part of the project, to deliver the agreed project outcomes. The project will comprise of implementing an enhanced data management and analytics platform to facilitate data warehousing capabilities, reporting, data analysis, storing transactional data and archiving of required data.
- Define data solutions using Azure Synapse and Azure Data Factory and work with their data platform team to deliver these solutions
- Assist in the migration of existing data processes (Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services) to the new data platform (Azure Data Factory)
- Have the ability to understand DevOps process and can use DevOps tools in accordance with the agreed processes
- Develop and maintain relevant project and design documentation such as detailed designs, technical configuration documents and build guides
- Work with the departments data platform team to consume and implement recommended practices to ensure compliance of data and information management standards
- Be able to apply judgement and critical thinking skills to problem solve
- Have demonstrated government sector experience, including working in small project teams
Experience in working within an Agile team is highly desirable, and experience working in an enterprise data warehouse is desirable.
Relevant qualifications and demonstrated experience in information technology, data management, or related fields would be highly regarded, including the ability to communicate data concepts to generalist audiences.
- Proven experience with Microsoft stack technologies, specifically SQL Server, Azure Data Factory, Synapse, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services
- High level of competency with SQL programming
- Experience in developing and maintaining relevant documentation such as detailed designs, technical configuration documents and build guides
- Proven ability to engage and work with a diverse range of stakeholders including working collaboratively as part of an agile, multidisciplinary team in government
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with delivering solutions using a data warehouse platform and processes
The role is Canberra based with an estimated start of 4 October 21 to 30 June 2022. 2 x 12 month period possible extensions.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens. Must have a current Baseline clearance.
How to apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Kym 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
dev Ops Engineer
Software Systems Engineer (CI/CD / DevOps )Level 5 (TSPV)
Cloud Automation Engineer – multiple positions Level 4 (TSPV)
Cloud Engineer/Integration Specialist