|Job Title:||Content Strategist|
|Contact Name:||Kym Hinds|
|Job Published:||August 16, 2021 17:21|
- The content plans starts with client needs
- Clients can find what they need
- Clients can use what they find
- The Departments processes, people and culture make this happen
The content strategist is accountable for the enterprise content strategy. They are also responsible for maintaining and iterating the enabling content governance framework across the Departments client-facing digital channels. This is made up of 5 supporting mechanisms: planning, standards & guidelines, lifecycle, tools & training, and evaluation.
The rollout of this began in November 2020. The Department is also embarking on procuring an enterprise content management platform. The content strategist will play a key role in validating business requirements through user needs and modelling the content so that it is reusable across multiple products and services. They will work directly in this team.
This is a strategic role that sets the direction for multiple teams, products and services. You will be required to have proven content modelling skills, excellent communication and the ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- Ensuring content production remains in line with the content strategy principles. Supporting teams in best practice for human-centred design, content design, information architecture and content modelling.
- Help define new business requirements for the new content management system in line with existing services and taxonomy standards.
- Oversee how all of the content on the channels and products connect.
- Set and drive the roadmap for improving content strategy that increases the content maturity
- Iterate and maintain the content governance framework and support the teams in its continued rollout.
- Oversee best practice in content lifecycles across digital channels, including ensuring global planning continues across the network.
- Continue to create, update and maintain content guidelines and tools to support the content standards.
- Rollout evaluation mechanisms (including a measurement framework) to monitor the performance and compliance with standards/content strategy.
- Iterate and continue to rollout content training across the network using the Cahoot platform. Uplift the capability of embedded content designers.
- Own the rollout of VisibleThread across Austrade – a key enabler for readability standards.
- Champion the author experience for the new content management system, ensuring it’s strategically aligned and enables our governance framework.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in setting and implementing content strategies, particularly in a global setting
- Have a working knowledge of Australian government standards, such as WCAG 2.1, the Whole of Government Style Manual and the Digital Service Standard.
- Have demonstrated experience in content modelling, creating reusable chunks for a headless CMS. This is essential – you will provide the expertise within the CMS team.
- Have proven experience in working with content management systems and validating requirements for new builds
- Demonstrated experience training people in content standards such as accessibility and readability
- Have excellent communication skills, leadership experience and able to successfully manage stakeholders
The role can be based in any capital city with an estimated start of 13 September 21. This is a 12-month contract with potential extensions.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens. You must have the ability to obtain a Baseline clearance.
How to apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Kym 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Applications close Thursday 26 August @ 6pm 2021