Cyber Security System Administrators
|Job Title:||Cyber Security System Administrators|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||August 17, 2021 13:37|
The Specified Personnel will be responsible for providing the following deliverables including but not limited to:
- Undertaking technical build work for enhancing the capacity of SIEM(Security Information and Event Management) platform to support the significant increases of incoming log ingestion;
- Performing configuration changes and tuning of the SIEM security products;
- Developing and implementing scalable solutions for integrating new security services including cloud services into the SIEM Platform; Ø Deploying additional hardware to enable increased capacity and capability of the SIEM;
- Deploying and configuring technical add-ons to the SIEM platform;
- Conducting SIEM use case development and implementation for security monitoring and investigation;
- Participating in knowledge sharing and mentoring of team members;
- Creating document requirements, solution designs, processes, procedures and service playbooks.
Specified Personnel must adhere to any Cyber Security, Governance and Risk Models, in addition to other relevant Departmental frameworks and work standards.
Specified Personnel will be expected to transfer skills and knowledge to departmental staff and ensure appropriate documentation is stored in accordance with the Department’s recordkeeping policy and practices.
The Specified Personnel will also be responsible for producing the following deliverables, including but not limited to:
- Cyber security procedures, controls and standards;
- Incident Reports;
- Remediation/Action Plans;
- Playbooks, Use cases and SOPs
- Solution Design and Diagrams
- Reports on emerging cyber trends, threats and capabilities
Skills and Experience Required:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Proven Programming and/or Scripting skills e.g. Python, Java, JSON, PowerShell, Perl and Ruby etc.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering security data visualization and analytics for reporting and/or supporting incidents management activities.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of security monitoring tools for cyber security, as well as cloud security controls and architecture.
- Demonstrated experience with network, infrastructure and application security technologies, in supporting Security Operation Centre activities.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in administration of SIEM tools running on various operating systems e.g. Linux and Windows, to a government department or large organization to a high standard.
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra Based – 8 Month Contract with 2 X 12 possible contract extension
Must be an Australian Citizen. Baseline Security Clearance is required also to obtain an Employment Suitability Clearance prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Applications close 22 August 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Cyber Security Specialist
System Security Architect/Practitioner Level 5 (TSPV)
System Administrator level 4 (TSPV)
ICT Security Technician level 5 (TSPV)
Security Infrastructure Systems Administrator level 3 (TSPV)