Java EE Developer
|Job Title:||Java EE Developer|
|Contact Name:||Connie Bellam|
|Job Published:||August 19, 2021 11:37|
Our Government client is currently seeking a DevOps experienced, senior Java EE Developer to work as part of a team, to maintain, upgrade and extend existing software built on the Java EE framework. The successful applicant will be required to:
- Collaborate with other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and deploy enterprise software, in accordance with software development standards.
- Help maintain and upgrade elements of the Java EE software stack, with particular focus on moving from the existing Jenkins CI/CD pipeline to Azure DevOps.
- In collaboration with other teams, investigate, analyse and resolve technical issues and application problems.
- Create technical documentation for design, reference and reporting.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Participate in peer-review of solution designs and related code. Develop unit tests and conduct integration testing.
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain high quality, secure, robust and scalable enterprise level software solutions using Java and Java EE.
- In-depth technical knowledge of Java frameworks. Experience configuring and optimising Java EE application servers and java CI/CD pipelines.
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide service support in diagnosing, resolving and repairing complex technical issues.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Experience in preparing and maintaining technical documentation, with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures to colleagues.
- A relevant Bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification.
- Experience with Maven, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GIT, and PowerShell
- Knowledge of Azure components such as App Services, API Management, Service Bus, Functions and Logic Apps
- Experience with JBoss EAP and Apache Tomcat; including use of JMS, JPA and JSF
- Experience with application performance monitoring and performance testing tools (e.g. Rational Performance Tester)
- Experience with MS SQL Server
Location and Contract Term:
The role is based in Canberra, ACT, with an estimated start of Friday 1st October 2021 to 30 June 2022.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens, (have current Baseline clearance) and must have the ability to obtain Negative Vetting Level 1 clearance.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Connie Bellam 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Applications close Thursday 26 August 2021 at 6pm (in Canberra)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Software Developer (Python / Java / UX) Level 4 (TSPV)
IT .Net Developer
ICT Database and Applications Developer
Senior Web Developer level 5 (NV1)
Software Developer - Cyber Security (Multiple) level 5 (TSPV)