|Job Title:||Forecast Analyist|
|Start Date:||2021-08-19 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Maria Fabello|
|Job Published:||August 20, 2021 12:45|
Location of work: NSW, ACT, QLD, SA, or VIC
Length of contract: 6 months with view to extend
Estimated start date: 13-09-2021
Security clearance: Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Application closing date: Friday 26 August 2021
Forecast Analyst to develop and implement policies and programs that ensure Australia's agriculture, fisheries, food, and forestry industries remain competitive, profitable, and sustainable.
We are looking for people who are:
• passionate and committed to serving and delivering the right outcomes to the Australian community
• open, accountable and of high integrity and able to exercise sound judgment and make evidence-based decisions
• committed to providing a high-quality experience for all users of Australia’s biosecurity system
• supportive of, and engage with, the department as a regulator
• flexible and adaptable to meet immediate needs and future challenges
• team-oriented and have the energy and determination to succeed.
The Job Key responsibilities of this role include:
• developing and maintaining a comprehensive biosecurity operation forecasting model, using mathematical trend analysis
• providing accurate medium to long term forecasts that inform strategic initiatives and business planning needs
• tracking the impact of operational change activities and seasonal trends affecting biosecurity operations to improve the accuracy of forecasts
• collaborating with the workforce management team to determine yearly, monthly, daily, and intraday staffing requirements
• providing actionable insights and analysis to inform business and biosecurity decision makers. Knowledge and experience
The successful applicant will have knowledge and demonstrated experience in:
• forecasting and predictive modelling
• normalising and utilising historical data for forecasting
• building, querying, testing, and validating datasets
• being proficient in using Power BI
• managing competing priorities in a dynamic environment
• developing data visualisations based on strategic requirements
Additionally, it is desirable to have knowledge and experience in:
• workforce management
• programming languages such as Python, SAS or R
• machine learning
• Oracle databases
• MS applications such as Dynamics 365, Power Automate, Power Apps, Flow, Azure and SharePoint. Skills and capabilities
The successful applicant will have a demonstrated ability to:
• work well under pressure and manage competing priorities of varying complexity and urgency • have strong attention to detail and accuracy
• think creatively in a fast-paced environment
• exercise initiative, flexibility, good judgement, and discretion
• work well independently and as part of a nationally disperse team
• have strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills.
Forecasting and predictive modelling.
Normalising and utilising historical data for forecasting.
Building, querying, testing, and validating datasets.
Proficient in using Power BI.
Managing competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
Developing data visualisations based on strategic requirements
Qualification or experience in economics.
Qualification or experience in workforce management.
Experience in writing SQL.
Experience in programming languages such as Python, SAS or R.
Experience in machine learning.
Experience using Oracle databases.
Experience in using MS applications such as Dynamics 365, Power Automate, Power Apps, Flow, Azure and SharePoint.