|Job Title:||Cloud Architect|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||August 24, 2021 16:55|
The Department is seeking Cloud Architects to join their team. The team provides strategic and tactical guidance in regard to the Departments technology platforms; Network, Gateway, Integration, Data & Storage, Datacentre, Mainframe, and Midrange on premise and public cloud (AWS and Azure) to the Departments infrastructure teams.
• Work in collaboration with the Department delivery teams to develop cloud architectures, designs and pattern aligned to strategic objectives
• Assist in planning and execution of the Departments new integration strategy
• Development of microservice and container standards, patterns, guardrails, and reference architectures
• Assist program teams in procurement process, ie estimated costings, requirements and technical evaluations
• Refine and improve the Departments strategy for its Hybrid Cloud capability
• Mature Infrastructure-as-a-Service capabilities and introducing efficiencies
• Develop Platform-as-a-Service and containerisation adoption frameworks and other underlying fundamental capabilities
• Evaluate Platform-as-a-Service ,Container, 3rd Party and SaaS offerings against the Departments compliance obligations as well as technical, security and cultural position
• Provide advice to application projects to facilitate their adoption of Cloud
• Anticipate future challenges in the Departments IT requirements and position them to meet these challenges and remain up to date with IT industry and market trends, incorporating them into the Departments enterprise architecture
• Promote and realise automation opportunities across infrastructure and application deployment, maintenance and operational activities
• Document/ Review “as-built” architecture and documentation
• Collaborate with external government agencies to understand and improve cloud issues and opportunities across the government sector
• Work with vendors to identify, plan and realise opportunities across our technology portfolio
• Identify technical debt in out of pattern solutions
• Work with internal stakeholders to build capabilities that support strategic Department work practices such as DevOps and Agile
• Manage the development and delivery of position papers to support new business initiatives, business cases, risk assessments, new patterns, reference architectures and standards for initiatives which are not in-pattern for the standard Department environment
Skills and Experience Required:
• Certification(s) and experience in AWS and/or Azure Cloud
• Demonstrated understanding of current cloud trends
• Demonstrated experience/knowledge of cloud native and third- party data and analytics offerings
• Demonstrated knowledge of current application development, testing and operational trends
• Understand advanced application hosting techniques including containers, serverless, PaaS and SaaS
• Carefully considers system sustainability, longevity and end to end operability when establishing patterns and design solutions
• Understand network architectures that contribute to the successful operation of a hybrid cloud
• Demonstrated understanding and experience implementing modern microservice-oriented integration and API patterns and platforms
• Experience in designing solutions using API gateway platforms.
• Experience in designing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and DevOps automation solutions for managing and deploying to public cloud platforms.
• An in depth understanding of how to optimise the efficiency, compliance, and security of public cloud platforms.
• Demonstrated experience in large, complicated government environments
• Ability to navigate complex commercial, technical and operational landscapes to provide sustainable solutions that can scale across multiple applications
• Familiarity with a Microsoft-based ecosystem including Operating Systems, Networking, Web Hosting and Databases
• Has expertise in defining enterprise architecture policies, standards, principles, reference architectures and procedures for development
Location and Contract Term: This role can be based in;
Contract till September 2021 with 1 x 12 month contract extension option pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role. A baseline security clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close COB 27 August.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's