Project Support Officer
|Job Title:||Project Support Officer|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||August 25, 2021 11:29|
- Successfully manage and coordinate the change management process and the deployment of new sites in agreed time frames.
- Monitor and control risks/issues and provide treatments in timely manner to deliver work packages in agreed time frames.
- Effectively communicate and report on the status of the work packages and ensure all the issues have been escalated through right channels and resolve them.
- Be proactive in owing third party issues and provide support in collectively delivering the solution as per the agreed time frames.
- Be proactive in researching and independently developing an understanding of the products and technologies being used by the project to effectively manage scheduling, resource assignment, issues resolution and effort prioritisation.
- Provide support to manage and control ICT changes.
- Provide support with procurement activities.
- Support project manager with documenting project management deliverables.
- Demonstrate good stakeholder management skills by successfully meeting client expectations.
- Support the Project Manager in the development and maintenance of the project documentation and reporting requirements.
- Lead the Change Management and Deployment process for minor to medium changes using an AGILE methodology.
- Lead the site deployment effort for new sites including scheduling, stakeholder management, contracts, and coordination between delivery agencies.
- Support the project Integrated Logistics effort in the development of Logistics Support Concept (LSC), Integrated Logistics Support Plan (ILSP), Incident Management Plan and Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) for the ICT support system.
- NV2 (or NV1 willing to upgrade to NV2).
- Proven experience in managing ICT changes and deployments, ideally in a Federal government environment, is highly desirable.
- Skilled and effective communicator, both spoken and written with the ability to convey complex ideas to non IT audience.
- Ability to work in a team environment, participate in project meetings and engage with both business and technical stakeholders.
- Effective planner with efficient time management skills.
- Ability to conduct research, as well as rapidly learn new concepts and tasks, with a view of improving technical knowledge and skills.
Canberra Based – Start date ASAP – June 2022 with possible contract extensions
Must be an Australian Citizen. NV2 or NV1 willing to upgrade to NV2 Security Clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information.