Assistant Project Manager
|Job Title:||Assistant Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||August 25, 2021 13:03|
- NV2 (or NV1 willing to upgrade to NV2)
- Demonstrable experience in procurement, contract management, risk management and stakeholder engagement preferably within a government setting.
- Skilled and effective communicator, both spoken and written with the ability to convey complex ideas to non IT audience.
- A team focus with the ability to show initiative and do what needs to be done to help the team deliver.
- Ability to participate in project meetings and engage with both business and technical stakeholders.
- Effective planner with efficient time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience as a project manager, or junior project manager, in a high tempo project or contract management environment.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, and Project.
- Qualifications in a relevant discipline from a recognised institution, and/or equivalent relevant experience (preferably within the Federal Government Experience).
- Responsible for leading the Integration Project procurement and contract management activities, as well as supporting the Project Manager with the development of reports, plans and associated project artefacts.
- Lead activities to plan, monitor and manage one or more work packages for the project including the work take on process and execution of work orders between the project and external organisations and service providers, including:
- Planning and Reporting
- Schedule Synchronisation and Tracking
- Risk and Issue Coordination
- Contract/Work Order Development and Management in conjunction with the Procurement team
- Contract/Work Order Monitoring
- Contractor Deliverable Governance and Review
- Support the project manager with project planning, financial management, reporting and risk management.
- Participate in meetings with customers and supporting service providers.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors where required.
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra Based – Start date ASAP – June 2022 with possible contract extensions
Must be an Australian Citizen. NV2 or NV1 willing to upgrade to NV2 Security Clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's