|Job Title:||Business Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||August 25, 2021 13:47|
A large Federal Government Department is seeking an experienced and skilled Business Analyst.
- Accountable for providing leadership and direction to ensure a high-level of integration and consistency across the business analysis function.
- Accountable for managing allocated resources, setting work area priorities, workflows, developing strategies and evaluating business outcomes.
- Manage the design and execution of business process tests, usability evaluations, networks and business trials, confidence tests.
- Responsible for business analysis within a significant segment of an organisation where the advice given, and decisions made will have a measurable impact on the profitability or effectiveness of the organisation.
- Advise stakeholders and colleagues on the choice of techniques, tools and processes required for modelling and analysis activities and tasks.
- Draw upon knowledge of business analysis methods and techniques, modelling and quality assurance techniques to understand and articulate business processes and contribute to business outcomes.
- Engage and influence Department senior leadership and provide the key link between senior executives and Department employees.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to identify their needs, reach agreement on the business objectives and gain commitment to achieving results.
- Analyse very complex ICT business issues, applying expertise to identify and recommend courses of action.
- Assess and evaluate ICT business improvement processes, strategy, initiatives, projects, policies and procedures.
- Accountable for investigating business needs, problems and opportunities and recommend effective business processes.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Tertiary qualifications in IT. (desirable)
- Experience in analysing stakeholder objectives, business needs, problems and opportunities.
- Experience in eliciting and documenting user requirements and producing system specifications.
- Well -developed interpersonal communication skills;
- Experience in analysing business processes and creating business process diagrams (inc Visio and Powerpoint).
- Experience in facilitating user requirements workshops.
- Experience in testing business use cases during system acceptance.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other members of an IT Project team.
Location and Contract Term: This role can be based in Canberra or Brisbane. 12 month contract from start date.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens. The ability to obtain an agency NV1 is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 31 August.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's