ASO4 Finance Officer
|Job Title:||ASO4 Finance Officer|
|Salary:||$0 - $48.96 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Connie TONG|
|Job Published:||August 30, 2021 09:57|
About the Role:
This role is responsible for ensuring that financial transactions of the organisation are completed to a high standard and in a timely manner, including accounts payable and accounts receivable operations. The role also provides information and advice to other staff on the financial transactions and processes of the business and collaborates with other team members by ensuring the integrity of data entered into the property management system.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Under general direction, undertake work required for the delivering the team’s responsibilities and tasks which may include:
1. Perform/undertake routine financial processing and management tasks such as: data entry into financial transaction systems and the Property Management System including accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions, and customer vendor and supplier maintenance financial matters.
2. Provide advice to staff in ACT Property Group on financial transactions and payments matters.
3. Assist in the development of relevant reports on financial matters.
4. Utilise computer programs including Microsoft Office suite, databases, Oracle financials and property management programs to deliver high quality outcomes.
5. Understand and work within the ACTPS Code of Conduct and ACTPS values of respect, integrity, collaboration and innovation, and model behaviour consistent with the ACTPS Respect Equity and Diversity framework.
6. Undertake other duties appropriate to this level of classification which contribute to the operation of the section and organisation.
7. This position may involve direct supervision of staff.
1. Demonstrated ability to undertake complex financial tasks with a high degree of accuracy and knowledge of public sector financial frameworks and processes.
2. Experience in using financial management and accounting software and Microsoft Office programs including Oracle Financials (or similar systems) and Excel.
3. Good interpersonal skills including oral and written communication and liaison skills.
4. Ability to organise own workload and priorities, display initiative and flexibility, and to work both independently and as a member of a team.
5. Proven ability to work with others to lead and model an innovative and positive team culture.
The following qualifications are desirable:
- a current driver’s licence (car)
- Qualification/s or extensive experience in accounting/finance.
Contract term: 3 month contract
Eligibility/Other Requirements: To be eligible for temporary employment within the ACT Public Service you must be in Australia on a visa with work rights or be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. A current CMTEDD security clearance is required for this role.
Application closing date: 9AM 02/09/2021
Hourly Pay Rate: The maximum pay rate for this role is $48.00 exclusive superannuation
How to Apply:
Please submit your application include your resume, contact details of two referees, DDMM of your DOB, rate expectation exclusive Super, notice period, payroll option (PAYG or ABN), and a short summary telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications make you the best person for the job. We will be in touch shortly for suitably skilled candidates.
We may review, short-list for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
Call Connie Tong on 0480 002 460 or email email@example.com for any further information.