Linux System Administrator
|Job Title:||Linux System Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Kym Hinds|
|Job Published:||August 30, 2021 09:56|
Our Government client are seeking an experienced Linux System Administrator with a strong understanding of operating system and open source application support. A self-starter able to work under pressure, independently under limited guidance and comfortable working in a team environment.
You will be a key member of a small team responsible for maintaining critical systems and applications with a focus on supporting upcoming Electoral events. You will also be utilising your IT and engineering skills to plan and support platform upgrades, contributing to the performance of the team to enhance processes and liaising with other IT teams and vendors.
Experience in administrating multi-factor authentication appliances would be an advantage.
- In depth knowledge of administrating Linux systems on both physical and virtual platforms, including; managing connected SAN storage, routine software patching and configuration of backup and monitoring agents.
- Strong understanding of installation, configuration and management of Linux database systems, specifically; Ingres and MySQL.
- Support the installation, configuration and maintenance of various Linux applications such as; File Server (NFS), Print server (CUPS), Authentication Server (RADIUS), Web Server (Apache), centralised SYSLOG, Source code control (Git)
- Strong experience with the following technologies: -
- Scripting: Bash, PHP or Perl.
- Authentication sub-systems: Active Directory integration (LDAP and Kerberos) and Sudoers
- Software distribution and package management: Foreman/Satellite, creation of custom RPM’s and familiarity with automation software such as ANSIBLE or Puppet
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to allow for effective liaison with colleagues, management, vendors and end users. You will also have the ability to mentor junior staff.
- Proven ability to create and maintain documentation with attention to detail, such as developing detailed design documents, installation guides and procedure manuals.
- Experience configuring MS Windows based SSH clients for Single Sign On functionality as well as maintaining custom key maps.
- Ability to administer multi-factor authentication systems.
- An interest in researching Cloud technologies to assist with the development of a cloud migration strategy.
Location and Contract Term:
The role is based in ACT, with an estimated start of 1st October 2021 to 30 June 2022. Extension options will be included in the Work Order, up to a maximum of 24 months.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens and must have current Negative vetting level 1 (NV1) clearance.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Kym Hinds 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Applications close Thursday 2nd September 2021 at 6pm (in Canberra)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
System Administrator – Multiple Positions Level 5 (TSPV)
System Administrator level 5 ((willing to undergo the TSPV process)
Data Flows SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR level 4 (NV2 upgrade to TSPV)
System Administrator – Multiple Positions level 4 (TSPV)
System Administrator – Multiple Positions level 3 (TSPV)