|Job Title:||UX/Product Designers|
|Contact Name:||Kym Hinds|
|Job Published:||August 30, 2021 15:27|
Different on-going projects are aiming at improving the jobsearch.gov.au website, the job seeker mobile app, a separate portal used by employment service providers, the contact centre and more. To support the rapid growth of their team, we are looking for someone who is:
- a UX guru, able to lead the discovery, requirement gathering and strategy for a product/online service
- a hands-on designer keen to play with Figma or Axure to design the user-interface and interactions of such product/online service
- a stellar communicator able to engage with diverse stakeholders, wisely advocate for the end-users and communicating a clear, consistent vision for success over time and across channels
- enthusiastic and full of personal drive to improve users’ experience, one small win at a time
- keen to contribute to improving our design workflow, agile processes and overall ways of working
Remote work is available as the borders are closed, however, a regular presence in the office in Canberra will be required once the situation returns to normal.
What this job has to offer:
- A culture fostering ideas and initiatives,
- A keen team of competent and like-minded people
- The satisfaction of helping thousands of employers find the right staff for their business as well as millions of Australians in need for a job
- The opportunity of working on one of the largest-scale government projects
- Competitive day-rate
- An office right in the city
- Tools of the trade (e.g. macbook pro, wide monitor, etc.)
- Significant experience and expertise leading the UX design work of complex and/or transactional online services. For example, you can speak about large-scale projects and tangible outcomes you are proud to have delivered in the past.
- Demonstrated experience working in multi-disciplinary teams, building rapport with and educating stakeholders about the UX design methodology and its value. For example, you can speak about specific contributions you have made to improve a process, project, team or organisation.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence audiences by clearly articulating your vision and design recommendations through a thoughtful rationale. Example: You can speak about how you would communicate your early design ideas or manage a situation where colleagues/stakeholders have different views to your own.
The role is based in Canberra with an estimated start of 20 September 21 up to 30 June 2022. With up to 2 extension option periods of twelve months each. Subject to approval.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens. You must have the ability to obtain a Baseline Clearance.
How to apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Kym 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Applications close Friday 3 September @ 4pm 2021.