IT Project Manager
|Job Title:||IT Project Manager|
|Start Date:||2021-08-31 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||September 01, 2021 11:50|
We are seeking experienced IT Project Managers who have worked on cyber security programs or led cyber security projects that required large scale people, process or technology change in order to deliver new capabilities. This includes liaison, consultation and collaboration with stakeholders, service providers / vendors, key executives and subject matter experts in order to support key cyber security uplift activities across the Departments enterprise landscape. As an IT Project Manager you will play a key leadership role in our cyber security change agenda, leading a team responsible for the implementation of targeted cyber security measures.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Several years’ experience in an IT Project Manager role working in the IT and/or Cyber Security industry
• Experience working in the Cyber Security field, with a strong understanding of the Australian Cyber Security Centre’s (ACSCs) Information Security Manual (ISM), particularly the Essential 8 Mitigation Strategies
• Experience working on Cyber Security projects and in program management in multi IT vendor arrangements
• Manage and leading an IT project team and demonstrated history of strong project completion results, which may fit within broader Department business-led projects
• A demonstrated history of delivering project outcomes within designated timeframes, budget and to high quality standards.
• Translate the Departments IT strategy and explain to others how own project fits within other business projects and the broader Department priorities and objectives
• Be accountable for managing allocated resources, working with external providers, setting work area priorities, managing workflows, developing strategies and evaluating business outcomes
• Build and sustain mutually beneficial relationships, consult and share information with own team, build the skills of staff through knowledge transfer and maximise team strengths to achieve project and business outcomes
• Engage with internal and external stakeholders on complex and sensitive issues in order to provide or obtain information and negotiate relevant outcomes
• Understand and operate within the Department project management methodology, provide expert advice on project intent, deliverables, progress and outcomes
• Evaluate project outcomes, the broader impacts and implications of IT-project activities and escalate issues outside of delegation
• Understand, analyse and interpret legislation, policies and Department strategies; modify processes and develop continuous improvement processes to enhance procedures of current and new project management work practices
• Operate in a professional manner when undertaking assurance reviews of any externally provided products or services against contract requirements
• Formal qualifications in project or program management, risk management and / or cyber security certification (CISM, CISSP, CISA, ISO/ IEC 27001) will be highly preferred
Location and Contract Term: This role can be based in Melbourne CBD or Canberra. Contract till October 2022 with 2 x 12 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. A baseline security clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 6 September.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's