BI Visual Analytics Developer
|Job Title:||BI Visual Analytics Developer|
|Salary:||$109 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Connie Bellam|
|Job Published:||September 07, 2021 12:05|
Our Government client is growing rapidly to meet the needs of the Australian population, so does the Agency’s need for comprehensive reporting and analytics. This reporting will enable the internal business teams to have visibility over their pipeline of work, performance and drive a culture of data driven decision-making.
The Enterprise Reporting Platforms team is responsible for building, delivering and maintaining comprehensive suite of reporting for the business. The Report Developer will work with the business areas through the Account Management teams to develop and maintain the suite of reporting.
Using the data from their Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and working with the Business Analysis team, the Report Developer will extract and manipulate data and prepare it to be visualised using commercial data transformation and visualisation tools. The Developer would be required to learn about the business’ processes and needs, and translate these into data tables used in reports that enhance the business’ day to day operations.
The BI SAS Developer would also engage with the stakeholders to ensure they are informed on the progress of the project. They would also ensure that the project is continuing to flow through the development pipeline and raise any blockers for discussion.
- Development and delivery of high quality reporting products in consultation with the Business areas to ensure products meet user stories & acceptance criteria.
- Manage assigned reporting projects including participating in stand ups, managing workflow, providing technical support and input as required.
- Develop reports according to:
- Reporting archetypes set in place by the Business Analysis Team,
- Style guides, User Experience and Accessibility Standards of the Platforms team
- Coding and Technical Standards.
- With user stories as a guide, convert raw data into comprehensible visualisations to enable insights driven business actions.
- Ensure all report products are well tested and documented, and releases contain appropriate change notes and documentation.
- Expert level SQL and/or SAS Skills with a minimum of 7+ years in Business Intelligence or in the Data space.
- Experience in working with raw data, drawing compelling and actionable insights via visualisations.
- Experience with testing and validating data, designing products with accessibility and user experience in mind.
- Demonstrable knowledge of CI/CD Practices, Project tracking software (Ex- JIRA) and version control (GIT, Bitbucket).
- Knowledge in various reporting objects such as hierarchies, prompts, parameters, filters, custom calculated items and XML editing in SAS VA.
- Certifications in SAS EG or SQL development (vendor based) will be well regarded.
- Certifications in any of the commercial visualisation tools- Tableau, SAS Viya, will be well regarded.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering BI projects to address user needs.
Location and Contract Term:
The role is based in Canberra, ACT with an estimated start of 25th October 2021 for 12 months, with a possible 12 month extension. Capped hourly rates apply.
Pre-engagement Checks will be undertaken and commencement is subject to the Specified Personnel meeting the standard in relation to the Pre-Engagement Check requirements. The Contractor must comply with and ensure ongoing compliance with the Pre-Engagement Checks. Our client welcomes candidates that hold the right to work within Australia and have a current and clear Police Check.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Connie Bellam 1300 944 936 for any further information. Applications close Monday 13th September 2021 at 6pm.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's