Senior IT Project Manager
|Job Title:||Senior IT Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Connie Bellam|
|Job Published:||September 08, 2021 16:53|
Our Government client has a requirement for multiple suitably skilled and experienced Senior IT Project Managers to work on various IT development projects within its IT Planning, Standards and Biometrics section.
The successful candidate is required to:
- Manage the delivery of large, complex projects that include technology implementation and significant business change components.
- Formulate project plans with relevant stakeholders and provide oversight and direction of planning through all project stages, from inception to completion, in accordance with agreed scope, timeline, quality and budget requirements.
- Work with members of the wider program team, including architects, developers, and testers to ensure cross-project dependencies are clearly mapped and managed.
- Set priorities and allocate resources in order to achieve agreed delivery objectives.
- Proactively manage changes in scope and ensure appropriate measures are developed with relevant stakeholders to reassess, renegotiate, and replan as required.
- Proactively assess and analyse any risks and issues that may impact project team delivery and develop plans to address or otherwise mitigate them.
- Maintain productive relationships and ongoing liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in business and technical change management forums and provide regular reporting to relevant governance forums; and
- Manage project team resources.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, experience, and qualifications necessary to perform the role:
1. Demonstrated Project delivery experience in medium to large infrastructure, system integration or business change projects.
2. Demonstrated experience in managing medium to large project teams with multi-skilled resources.
3. Strong understanding of methods, processes and procedures relating to project delivery.
4. Strong understanding of ICT concepts and system development lifecycle management methods.
5. Ability to work autonomously or within a portfolio team to meet objectives.
6. Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability in developing and publishing project documentation, including, but not limited to, Project Briefs and Project Management Plans, etc; and
7. Demonstrated experience applying Agile and Prince2 methodology/s to deliver projects.
- Demonstrated relevant skills, experience, and qualifications to provide the services.
- Availability to commence the services; and
- Competitiveness of hourly rate pricing.
Location and Contract Term:
The role is based in Canberra, ACT with an estimated start of 11th October 2021 for 9 months, with 2x 12 month extensions at their sole and absolute discretion.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens and must hold a current security clearance of negative vetting level 1 (NV1).
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Connie Bellam 1300 944 936 for any further information. Applications close Thursday 16th September 2021 at 6pm.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's