Power BI Developer
|Job Title:||Power BI Developer|
|Contact Name:||Connie Bellam|
|Job Published:||September 16, 2021 08:51|
Our Government client is seeking to fill multiple positions for a large Cloud Services initiative that will transform the way they develop and deliver services to clients, both internal and external. Separated into two major tranches you’ll have the opportunity to work across several key Information Technology service delivery areas, contributing to enhancing and implementing leading edge technologies as they transition to a full Cloud Services offering over the next few years. You’ll be working on uplift and transition of existing ICT capabilities to align with their Cloud first approach and building and deploying of the new Cloud only environment will see you working across complex technical issues and contributing to the realisation of strategic outcomes as part of the program. You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and have the ability to communicate effectively and manage relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including team members, product owners, project managers, and executives. You will also have experience working in both Agile and Waterfall projects and ideally have experience with to deliver design and research activities, and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement as part of a large program of work.
Power BI Developer reporting to the Section Manager Business Intelligence, the Power BI developer will be responsible for:
- As part of the data warehouse team, develop meaningful Power BI reports and dashboards using complex data.
- Transitioning existing reports from SAP BO to Power BI
- Support SAP BO until it is decommissioned.
- Work to deadlines, monitor and report progress.
- Work co-operatively and collaboratively with the team as well as other stakeholders and be a great team player.
- Other related tasks as requested by the Section Manager.
- Self-Starter with ability to work unsupervised but understand when to request information.
- Extensive Power BI development and administration experience in a Data Warehouse team- this is an important and key skill for this position.
- A strong skillset and background working with PowerBI, complex data sets and SQL skills.
- Proficient in making DAX queries in Power BI desktop
- Developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop
- Connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data for Business Intelligence
- Undertake unit and system testing of all developments.
- Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
- Creating and maintaining detailed documentation to ensure effective handovers and knowledge transfer.
- Making sure that warehouse and BI processes function smoothly on an ongoing basis, carrying out maintenance and making improvements as required and helping users to extract the maximum possible value from our data.
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail - you understand the implications of design and implementation choices and can explain why you do things the way you do.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field would be highly regarded
- A strong understanding of data modelling and the various physical and logical steps required to turn raw data into useful information.
- Knowledge of ETL tools.
- Knowledge of SAP BO reports
- Experienced in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle using Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated capability of the candidate to satisfy the specification of the requirements
- Demonstrated experience of the candidate in the delivery of the services required
- A guaranteed and competitive pricing structure that incorporates all known fixed charges/taxes etc.
Location and Contract Term:
Based in Phillip, ACT. Hours on average are 8 hours per day (40 hours per week) between the core hours of 8.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens and must have BASELINE clearance.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Connie Bellam 1300 944 936 for any further information. Applications close Sunday 26th September 2021 at 6pm.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's