Solution Architect Data
|Job Title:||Solution Architect Data|
|Contact Name:||Connie Bellam|
|Job Published:||September 16, 2021 15:57|
Our Government client is seeking a Solution Architect who will work across delegated Stream(s), to deliver into operations fit for purpose integrated Solution Architectures. This would include but not limited to working within a multidisciplinary team of Business Analysts, Program Architects, Project and Program Managers, and vendor implementors, technology SME's and Business Stakeholders.
The key focus area for this role will be as follows:
- Define new solutions for the handling and processing of data
- Analysing existing data usage and consumption requirement to inform proposed solution
- Ensuring that security and resilience is designed into the solutions
- Incorporate good data design and modelling practices into the solutions.
Solution Architecture Description: Completion of this artefact, via inputs from various sources, consultation with relevant stakeholders and presentation at Architecture Review Group (ARG). This artefact includes but not limited to the following components:
- Conceptual Architecture
- Physical Architecture
- Performance Architecture
- Data Management Solution Designs
- Data Migration Designs
- Risks Issues and dependencies
- Deployment considerations
- Analysis of a technology or implementation problem as directed by the Enterprise/Lead Architect.
- Market Analysis of emerging and current technology landscape.
All deliverables to be consistent with the program delivery method templates and processes.
The role will lead the design of the aspects of the target state data handling architecture associated as directed by the Lead Stream Architect.
- Assist various team in identifying and designing appropriate data treatment approaches
- Design, oversee and/or approve target database schemas
- Design oversee and/or approve API specifications
- Oversee and/or contribute to data modelling where needed
- Oversee and approve detailed design and review and approve build documents
- Prepare design decision artefacts for approval by design authority.
- Assist in specifying the infrastructure requirements and architecture required to support the Solutions architecture.
- Participate in and contribute to the improvement of Data Governance processes
- Assist in estimating budgetary resources, schedules, and costs required for the solutions.
- Coordinate with other IT disciplines including Infrastructure and Integration to ensure that all proposed solutions are compatible with available patterns and standards
- Work with the broader program team to ensure the overall architecture is consistent with, and fully supports, the overall business and platform architectures for the program.
- Work with internal stakeholders and external vendors in producing Solution Architecture and contributing to Detail Design deliverables
- Vendor management as required in a System Integrator capacity to ensure Solutions provided by vendor integrate with existing architecture and technology frameworks
- Review of vendor solution documents and provision of formal feedback via feedback log.
- Resolution of feedback via consultative approach.
- Actively participate on Architecture meetings and forums
- Work with the various roles and workstreams within the program.
- Comply with all work, health and safety policies and procedures, and take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of employees, contractors and visitors who may be affected by your conduct.
- Commitment to APS Values, Employment Principles, Code of Conduct and the Social Justice Strategy.
Location and Contract Term:
The role is Victoria based with a start date of 26th October 2021 to 31 December 2022. 1x 6 month extension possible.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens and must have BASELINE clearance.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Connie Bellam 1300 944 936 for any further information. Applications close Tuesday 21st September 2021 at 6pm.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's