|Job Title:||CX Designer|
|Contact Name:||Connie Bellam|
|Job Published:||September 27, 2021 09:29|
One of our Federal Government clients require an experienced Consumer Experience (CX) Designer. In order to support the Data Standards Chair in the creation and review of Data Standards, the (CX) Team collectively researches, consults on, designs, develops, and publishes CX artefacts and CX standards. The CX Designer reports to the Data Standards Body’s (DSB’s) CX Team Leader and is responsible to the DSB’s General Manager. The CX Designer is primarily required to design, develop, and deliver industry-grade design artefacts. Primary areas of focus include product/interaction design, prototyping, UX heuristic reviews, usability, and supporting CDR participant implementation through the provision of open-source artefacts. All are evolving and require continuous maintenance.
The Australian government has introduced the CDR giving consumers greater control over their data. Part of this right requires the creation of common technical standards making it easier and safer for consumers to access data held about them by businesses, and – if they choose to – share this data via application programming interfaces (APIs) with trusted, accredited third parties.
The Data Standards Body (DSB), has been established by the Australian Government to deliver open technical standards that support the CDR in empowering Australian consumers to share their data simply and safely with organisations of their choosing. The DSB is responsible for assisting in the development of common technical standards to allow Australians to access data held about them by businesses and direct its safe transfer to others.
Working groups have been established to support the DSB in designing and testing the open standards it develops; with input provided by the Data Standards Advisory Committee (DSAC) and working groups. CX artefacts and standards are published on our website, standards page, guidelines platform, and consulted on using GitHub.
- 3+ years’ experience practicing product design and/or interaction design, ideally following a human-centred design and/or design thinking approach
- Demonstrated knowledge of applying contemporary and best practice product/interaction design, ideally with examples or a portfolio
- Demonstrated experience translating visions and requirements into tangible artefacts, such as wireframes and prototypes of low to medium fidelity
- Willingness to comply with relevant policies and procedures as expected of, and by employees
- Experience designing, testing, and/or developing accessible designs and/or code that meets WCAG criteria
- Experience developing complex, dynamic, and high-fidelity prototypes in tools such as Axure, ProtoPie, and/or in HTML
- Content design and/or UX writing
- Experience with popular design and collaboration tools, such as Figma, Sketch, Notion, Miro
- Workshop planning and facilitation skills
Location and Contract Term:
The role is can be based Offsite, ACT, NSW, QLD or VIC with an estimated start date of 1st November 2021 for 8 months with a 12 month extension available. This role is 4 days per week, 8 hours per day.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens and ideally have Baseline clearance, or ability to obtain.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Connie Bellam 1300 944 936 for any further information. Applications close Thursday 7 October 2021 at 6pm.