APS5 Finance Officer
|Job Title:||APS5 Finance Officer|
|Contact Name:||Connie TONG|
|Job Published:||September 27, 2021 09:47|
The finance officer will be responsible for a range of activities that may include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver efficient and effective accounting operation services, including the processing of payments and purchase orders, and recording of contracts
- Complete daily revenues integration from external systems into central financial management information system
- Perform accounts payable functions, including raising invoices, receipting payments, resolving issues and instigating debt recovery
- Undertake Treasury functions including banking, reconciliations and petty cash management
- Assist with the Museum’s taxation obligations, including GST and FBT monitoring and reporting
- Provide technical support and advice on accounts issues across the Museum
- Perform month end tasks, including reconciliations and other internal control procedures as required
- Prepare and manage financial correspondence, including monitoring the Finance inbox
- Draft local policy and procedural guidelines
- Coach and lead the accounts processing team and participate in team meetings, training sessions and other relevant forums
- Demonstrated experience within a financial processing supervisory role, including the ability to lead and manage a financial processing team, during times of change, with limited resource availability and in tight timeframes.
- Sound communication skills, including the ability to clearly express information to diverse audiences, and negotiate effectively with colleagues and customers.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment under limited direction, managing a disparate workload with fixed timelines to a high standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to apply financial legislation, guidelines and procedures to transaction processing (an understanding of the Australian Government financial management framework is highly regarded).
- Demonstrated systems experience and familiarity, including financial management information systems (Technology One and accounts processing knowledge is highly regarded), Excel and other Microsoft suite products, and retail software and/or online banking.
Length of contract: 6-12 months
- To be eligible for temporary employment within the Australian Public Service you must be an Australian citizen.
- National Police Check is required for this role
How to Apply:
Please submit your application include your resume, contact details of two referees, rate expectation inclusive Super, notice period, and a short summary(optional) telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications make you the best person for the job. We will be in touch shortly for suitably skilled candidates.
We may review, short-list for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
Call Connie Tong on 0480 002 460 or email email@example.com for any further information.