|Job Title:||CX Researcher|
|Contact Name:||Connie Bellam|
|Job Published:||September 27, 2021 13:34|
One of our Federal Government clients require an experienced mid-level Consumer Experience (CX) Researcher. In order to support the Chair in the creation and review of Data Standards, the Consumer Experience (CX) Team collectively researches, consults on, designs, develops, and publishes CX artefacts and CX standards. The CX Researcher is primarily required to conduct design research to research, test, and support the delivery of industry-grade standards and design artefacts, and develop and publish research outputs. Primary areas of focus include research planning, concept and usability testing, and research artefact creation. All are evolving and require continuous maintenance.
The Data Standards Body (DSB), which sits within the CDR Division, has been established by the Australian Government to deliver open technical standards that support the CDR in empowering Australian consumers to share their data simply and safely with organisations of their choosing.
The work of standards development is conducted as part of the development of the CDR regulatory framework. The DSB works in close consultation with colleagues responsible for CDR policy, rules, sectoral assessments, engagement with the CDR community and program leadership, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) as lead regulator of the CDR, supported by the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
The CDR is intended to apply sector by sector across the whole economy, and began with the banking sector. The next step for CDR is in the energy and telecommunications sectors with other sectors to follow.
Working groups have been established to support the DSB in designing and testing the open standards it develops; with input provided by the Data Standards Advisory Committee (DSAC) and working groups. CX artefacts and standards are published on our website, standards page, guidelines platform, and consulted on using GitHub.
- 3+ years’ experience practicing design research, ideally for product development following a human-centred design and/or design thinking approach
- Demonstrated application of using design research to collect and analyse qualitative data – such as in-depth interviews and usability testing – to inform the design, iteration, refinement, and testing of requirements, concepts and prototypes, ideally with examples or a portfolio
- Demonstrated experience generating and articulating clear and actionable insights and recommendations in multiple ways, such as through presentations, reports, and journey maps
- Willingness to comply with relevant policies and procedures as expected of, and by employees
- The Contractor must have or be able to obtain a baseline security clearance prior to commencement
- Experience with accessible and inclusive design and research approaches
- Experience testing and/or informing accessible designs in line with WCAG criteria
- Experience applying quantitative research methods
- Content design and/or UX writing
- Experience with popular design and collaboration tools, such as Dovetail, Miro, and Notion
- Workshop planning and facilitation skills
Location and Contract Term:
The role can be based Offsite, ACT, NSW, QLD or VIC with an estimated start date of 1st November 2021 for 8 months with a 12 month extension available. The role is 4 days per week, 8 hours per day.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens and ideally have Baseline clearance, or ability to obtain.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Connie Bellam 1300 944 936 for any further information. Applications close Thursday 7 October 2021 at 6pm.