ICAO Compliance Officer
|Job Title:||ICAO Compliance Officer|
|Start Date:||2021-09-29 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Maria Fabello|
|Job Published:||September 30, 2021 12:26|
APS 6 equivalent classification
Commencement Date: 25 October 2021
Order Term/End Date (noting any extension options): The Contract will remain in force from the Contract Start Date until 30 June 2022, with a 12 month extension option.
Work Hours: 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, between the core hours of 8.00am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
The role of ICAO Compliance Officer is to research, consolidate and document the effective implementation of aviation safety-related standards, policy and associated procedures, required under the Convention on International Civil Aviation (‘Chicago Convention’).
This role works under limited direction, exercising reasonable autonomy and works collaboratively and independently as a member of a nationally dispersed team, liaising with aviation subject matter experts on topics such as licensing, aircraft operations, airworthiness of aircraft, air navigation and aerodromes.
The Specified Personnel will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Works across a nationally dispersed team in planning, managing and supporting the delivery of the clients Programme, Continuous Monitoring Approach related activities in accordance with a defined schedule.
• Undertake research and engage with identified subject matter experts to collate relevant materials to demonstrate compliance with ICAO protocol questions (PQs) and existing corrective action plans (CAPS).
• Identify differences, if any, between CASA’s safety standards and those required under the Chicago Convention, and manage the process for senior executive acceptance.
• Compile, monitor and update identified differences into an ICAO Protocol Questions management system.
• Provide professional quality advice to support the compilation of standards, processes and policies aligned to USOAP related activities.
• Provide and coordinate high quality briefs and reports to senior management on ICAO USOAP matters.
• Undertake, support and participate in special regulatory projects, as assigned or directed.
• Fosters an environment of continuous improvement and proactively engages stakeholders with effective and considered communication working collaboratively to deliver ICAO USAOP support activities.
• Promoting workplace safety, equity and diversity, participative management and environmental management in the workplace and act in accordance with the client’s Values and Behaviours.
• Must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident.
• A National Police Check is required prior to commencing work.
The candidates must demonstrate they meet the following mandatory qualifications and/or experience:
• Demonstrated experience in a similar role
• Demonstrated high-level of skills in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience researching matters including the ability to interpret and understand complex regulations and legislation.
• Highly developed interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, including excellent (oral and written) communication skills, particularly eliciting information from subject matter experts.
• Demonstrated experience in the use web/data-based business systems, Microsoft Office Suite and RM8/TRIM (or similar electronic documents and records management system).
• Ability to develop and implement new and improved procedures and processes, report writing and preparation of complex documents.
• Experience in data management including extracting and reporting on data.
• Experience coordinating/undertaking activities to meet key project delivery timeframes.
• An understanding of aviation language, across areas such as licensing, aircraft operations, airworthiness of aircraft, air navigation or aerodromes is preferred.
• Some knowledge of the functions of ICAO is beneficial.