|Job Title:||Infrastructure/Server Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Connie Bellam|
|Job Published:||October 01, 2021 21:43|
One of our Federal Government clients have a requirement for multiple suitably skilled and experienced Infrastructure/Server Engineers within its IT Branch. The Infrastructure/Server Engineer will work to provide support, planning and delivery. Primary duties will be to:
- Provide 2nd/3rd level support services to ensure business continuity of infrastructure, Microsoft Server and VMWare virtualised platforms;
- Participate in the design, support, testing, and deployment of IT infrastructure and applications;
- Make recommendations to the Development and Architecture sections to increase the availability and resiliency of the critical business systems;
- Develop and implement changes to departmental systems strictly in accordance with departmental change control procedures;
- Ensure that the tasks and progressive action history are duly recorded and concluded to the client’s satisfaction by participating in resolver groups as part of the problem resolution process;
- Transfer skills, provide documentation and exchange information on all relevant aspects of infrastructure, software development and support;
- Participate in any assigned project activity and endeavour to achieve outcomes in the most effective way;
- Maintain data and system integrity in accordance with Departmental policy, Security Instructions and Information Security Manual;
- In conjunction with managers, prioritise, analyse and complete tasks according to the nature and urgency of requests;
- Ensure that the tasks and progressive action history are duly recorded and concluded to the client’s satisfaction;
- Must comply with all other relevant procedures and processes;
- Willingness to participate as required in any out of hours support and on call roster;
Candidates should have experience and high-level skills with several of the following software and environments desirable:
Windows Server Administration / Windows Server 2019
VMWare virtualisation services
Neuron Enterprise Service Bus
Networking / Firewalls / F5 Load Balancers
Experience with developing & implementing containerisation solutions will be very favourably received.
Location and Contract Term:
The role is based in Forrest, ACT, with an estimated start date of 1 November 2021 for an initial 12 month term with 2x12 month extension options at the companies sole and absolute discretion.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens and Negative Vetting level 1 clearance is preferred, however candidates with current Baseline clearance may be considered.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Connie Bellam 1300 944 936 for any further information. Applications close Monday 11th October 2021 at 6pm.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's