IT Project Manager
|Job Title:||IT Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||October 05, 2021 12:03|
The ideal candidates will have good people skills but also have clear system development and Software Development Lifecycle knowledge of both agile and waterfall methodologies in an infrastructure environment. They will use their expertise to manage risks, issues and set the strategic direction of a team while building staff capability and creating a positive culture. They will be proactive and understand how to escalate issues appropriately and achieve outcomes. The candidate will have strong communication and negotiations skills and be able to articulate complex information appropriately to business partners to influence outcomes.
These Project Managers will manage and coordinate a series of interrelated projects and activities and will need to assess dependencies, issues and risks, and impacts of project activities on the Departments operations and provide recommendations to other stakeholders.
• The Project Manager will initiate, establish and implement project scope using strong project management practices and relationships skills.
• Provide authoritative and expert advice to assure products are delivered in line with scope, requirements and project management methodologies.
• Develop and lead the implementation of strategies and solutions to address IT project management risks, issues and dependencies which may not have established precedents or guidelines, to ensure the achievement of planned business outcomes.
• Oversee the coordination of a series of interrelated IT projects and activities, assess the impacts of project activities on the Departments operations and ensure a smooth transition to business as usual.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Two or more years project management experience in IT.
• Project Management or PMP certifications desirable.
• Thrives in collaborative environment.
• Excellent communications skills, with customers, team and stakeholders.
Location and Contract Term: This role can be based in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane or Adelaide. Contract till May 2022 with 2 x 6 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role. A baseline security clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 8 October.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's