Cloud Database Engineer
|Job Title:||Cloud Database Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Connie Bellam|
|Job Published:||October 11, 2021 15:48|
One of our Federal Government clients has a requirement for an experienced Cloud Database Engineer who will play an important role in the Patents Modernisation Initiative which is at the forefront of digital transformation through agile delivery and DevOps approaches. We require a pro-active and versatile Engineer to support the transition of Patents processing infrastructure to a cloud native stack (primarily AWS). You will have a strong technical background in AWS data storage technologies including RDS, NoSQL and OpenSearch Service. Ideally you will supplement your database engineering experience with competency in supporting Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) processes, automation and performance tuning of application and/or data stores.
The Cloud Database Engineer will be responsible for:
- Designing schema, access patterns, locking strategy, SQL development, and tuning of application data stores
- Proactive and reactive performance tuning of application end-user queries
- Designing, developing and maintaining CI/CD data pipelines, including automating build, maintenance of infrastructure as code, and automating deploy and release processes
- Working with integration and application counterparts to deliver robust and scalable software to business and align reference architecture
- Knowledge sharing with data engineering team on implementation and/or associated best practice of cloud initiatives
- Administering cloud environments in accordance with technical and security guidelines.
Demonstrated experience in configuring, deploying and operating Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud services and infrastructure particularly in the data storage technologies including OpenSearch, Aurora, PostgreSQL, Oracle and AWS Database Migration Service DMS
Demonstrated experience in Continuous Integration (CI) Continuous Deployment (CD) including automating build, maintenance of infrastructure as code, and automating deploy and release processes
Demonstrated competency in monitoring and performance tuning of AWS RDS including Aurora, PostgreSQL, Oracle and AWS NoSQL DynamoDB
- Experience working with Enterprise Monitoring platform including Dynatrace
- Experience working with integration and BPM platform including:
- Experience working with CICD platform including:
- Digital.ai XebiaLabs
- RedHat OpenShift
- AWS EKS, ECS Fargate
Location and Contract Term:
The role can be based in ACT or offsite. Estimated start date 8 November on a 12 month contract with 2 x 12 month extensions, to be exercised at the discretion of the client.
Must be an Australian citizen.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Kym Hinds on 1300 944 936 for any further information. Applications close Sunday 17th October 2021 at 6pm.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Cloud Application Developer Level 4 (TSPV)
ICT Security Specialist Cloud Certifier level 5 (TSPV)
Cloud Application Developer – Technical Team Lead Level 5 (TSPV)
Network Security Engineer