Software Developer x 2 - Cyber Security (NV1)
|Job Title:||Software Developer x 2 - Cyber Security (NV1)|
|Contact Name:||Kate Kornsasi|
|Job Published:||October 11, 2021 16:59|
Roles exist both in project teams and tactical positions embedded to support business units supporting critical business functions directly helping protect Australia. The position is full time on-site in our Canberra offices. The position requires at a minimum an active NV1 clearance.
Skills and Knowledge required / Major Responsibilities:
- Experience in design, build, integration and document software capability that meets business requirements.
- Experience in support, maintenance and enhancement of existing software ensuring application availability.
- Experience in quality and security of software through appropriate testing and review.
- Experience in assisting in the continuous improvement process by developing and enhancing procedures.
- Experience in engaging with business and product owners to clarify and fully develop user requirements using agile development methods.
- Experience in documenting technical processes in accordance with organisational policies and procedures and promote bi-directional knowledge transfer within a team environment.
- Experience in Cyber Security or a related domain would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated competence with Python 3, Java and other programming and/or scripting languages.
- Experience interfacing with databases, data platforms (e.g. Hadoop/Apache Spark) and SIEM tools.
- Experienced in developing and deploying software within a Linux / UNIX environment.
- Experience developing graphical user interfaces for applications and web interfaces.
- Experience in the use of automation, containerisation and deployment tools is desirable.
- Experience in Linux and/or Windows administration is desirable.
Location of work: Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract: 12 Months which includes an initial 3 month probation period
Contract extensions: 12 months - subject to funds availability and organisational suitability assessment
Security Requirements: Due to the nature of the work, we require the NV1.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Applications open until 29 October 2021.
Call Kate 0480 002 456 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's