Senior Security Engineer (multiple locations)
|Job Title:||Senior Security Engineer (multiple locations)|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||October 21, 2021 15:46|
One of our Private clients is looking for an experienced Senior Security Engineer to assist them with an exciting project with a large Federal Government Department.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Providing technical security advice and guidance to the competency teams, other Security members, service delivery managers, and customer as needed
- Provide expert security advice, gap analysis, and solutions to projects
- Investigate, assess, and report on the development or spread of potential information security threats and vulnerabilities that may impact our client and/or their Customer’s technical infrastructure SLAs
- Assist as part of the incident and problem management processes in the resolution of technical security related issues and where appropriate take ownership of our client’s response and remediation plan
- Maintain awareness of trends in the development of Information Security. Maintain technical awareness of developments in system and network infrastructure.
- Identify and lead the implementation of improvements (including automation) to existing services
- Lead meetings and workshops with customers (including on-site if required) and provide technical security advice
- This role has an on-call component with appropriate allowances.
- A high level of personal integrity and strong work ethic.
- Ability to engage with business stakeholders to define customer technical and non-functional requirements.
- Understanding of IP networking and security principals, including the nature of common protocols and Security products
- Experience providing guidance and supporting one or more of the following security technologies:
- Proxy / Web Filtering (e.g., Zscaler, Forcepoint)
- Next Generation Firewalls/IPS (e.g., Palo Alto, FortiGate)
- Web Application Filtering (e.g., F5, Sophos XG)
- Continuous Vulnerability Scanning (e.g., Tenable.io)
- Anti-malware solutions (Sophos Central, Cylance)
- Identify and provide recommendations to improve services and the security posture of our customers.
- Provide design and guidance on security domain implementations such as Identity and Access Management, PKI, Malware Protection, SSO/Federation, and Network Security
- Experience with Secure by Design concepts and practical implementation.
- Have knowledgeable on security governance frameworks such as CIS Benchmarks, ISO 27001, NIST, AS18, and the ASD.
Location: NSW, VIC OR QLD
Contract Term: 6 months – You will also be required to do shift work
Security Requirements: To be eligible for this role, you must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close Tuesday, 26 October 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's