Network Security Engineer
|Job Title:||Network Security Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||October 21, 2021 17:47|
One of our Private clients is looking for an experienced Network Security Engineer who will be responsible for performing system upgrades and undertaking complex troubleshooting activities to ensure that our client’s Global Network Operations Center (GNOC) services are maintained as per contracted service level agreements. You will also be responsible for mentoring, training and providing guidance to junior staff within GSOC
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Network administration (including backup, Linux, security management, user account management, e-mail systems, webservers, internet access, firewall management, web proxy, firewall administration, DNS, load balancing, basic routing and switching for Juniper/Cisco and applications support).
- Support network and server hardware, software and applications on premises and cloud (AWS) services
- Resolve internally detected and client initiated service
- Incidents in a quality manner and within client SLA.
- Implement and complete client initiated service and change requests in a quality manner and within client SLA.
- Ensure consistent and professional communication with internal and external clients and stakeholders including updating Service Desk within required response times.
- Ensure documentation is correct and up-to-date (includes procedures, Knowledge Base articles, Networks Diagrams).
- NV1 Security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with routing & switching – Cisco/Juniper preferred
- Experience with design, configuration and support of firewall technologies such as Fortigate, Palo Alto
- Experience with cloud services AWS preferred
- Ability to interact with technical and management staff to develop and problem solve technical requirements.
- Experience with Web proxies - Netskope.
- Experience with Linux administration
- Experience in design, configuration and support of computing platforms such as Dell, VMWARE, Nutanix.
- Experience in monitoring tools such as Nagios, Cloudwatch or Cacti.
Contract Term: 12 months
Security Requirements: To be eligible for this role, you must be an Australian Citizen. Due to the work environment, our client has requested that all candidates must hold a current AGSVA NV1 Security Clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close Thursday, 28 October 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's