Senior Network Administrator
|Job Title:||Senior Network Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Connie Bellam|
|Job Published:||October 26, 2021 10:52|
One of our Federal Government clients are looking for a Senior Network Administrator to provide extensive experience and subject matter expertise in the support and administration of complex, multi-vendor enterprise network environments. Experience in the following technologies is highly desirable:
- HP, CISCO, Fortigate, Palo Alto and F5
- Network Security
- Virtualised network products
- Azure Cloud Networking
- LAN, MAN and WAN environments
- Carrier circuits (troubleshooting and support)
- Physical connectivity troubleshooting
- Facilities management
- Voice and Video
- Ensure availability, performance and capacity requirements are met for ICT, including incident management and future planning requirements.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise where required to CIO Division Projects.
- Apply a high level of technical expertise in verifying and validating the current and future ICT states.
- Ensure that operational procedures and working practices are fit for purpose and current.
- Sound understanding of and ability to operate within a mature ITIL framework.
- Actively monitor and report on infrastructure.
- Apply technical ability to ensure the ICT Network and Infrastructure remains secure in accordance with relevant Commonwealth and Agency security policies such as the ISM and PSPF.
- Work in a collegiate manner to ensure sharing of knowledge and processes across the team.
- Apply highly developed written and verbal communication skills to develop briefings for senior internal and external stakeholders with a focus on key points and the use of appropriate language.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call support roster.
- Build effective working relationships with the CIO Division sections and teams to ensure high level of communication and cross-functional partnerships are achieved.
1. Well-developed technical leadership and people management skills, including the ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships through consultation and sharing of information.
2. Demonstrated subject matter expertise in the administration and management of enterprise network infrastructure with a focus on HPE, Cisco, Fortigate, Palo Alto, and F5.
3. Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with Senior Executive officers to reach an agreement on complex matters related to infrastructure and operations.
4. Ability to shape strategic thinking, apply sound judgment and align operational activities with corporate goals.
Location and Contract Term:
This role is based in ACT. Contract has an estimated start date of 13 December 2021 for 12 months, with 2x up to 12 month extension periods.
Must be Australian citizens and have current NV1 clearance.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Connie Bellam on 1300 944 936 for any further information. Applications close Sunday 7 November 2021 at 6pm.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's