Cyber Security Specialist
|Job Title:||Cyber Security Specialist|
|Contact Name:||Connie Bellam|
|Job Published:||November 02, 2021 10:02|
One of our Federal Government clients require a Cyber Security Specialist to provide security advice and guidance to projects, including working with business areas and completing risk assessments.
The Cyber Security Specialist will support the implementation of secure, risk managed systems. This is performed through advising on secure designs, and technical implementation of security controls. The Cyber Security Specialist will also apply risk management processes to assess and treat cyber risks of systems and solutions, to ensure the systems developed are resilient to cyber threats and meet requirements of the Protective Security Policy Framework. Duties include:
- Developing and completing security reviews of system architectures, including information security documentation and assessing the implementation and effectiveness of security measures.
- Provide advice to solutions architects on building security into technical designs.
- Understand the impacts of risk treatments in the context of user centred designs as well as their operational overhead.
- Document design decisions and mitigations to build security risk management plans.
- Work with the Cyber Security Manager to ensure the security posture of systems aligns to the cyber security policies and procedures.
- Assess risks according to the Risk Management Framework.
- Assist system owners to understand and meet their security responsibilities to ensure systems can be authorised as per the Protective Security Policy Framework.
- Review and provide advice on third party security documentation including policies, system designs, certification reports and contracts.
- Raise awareness of information security issues with system owners and personnel.
- Build effective relationships and key strategic alliances with key stakeholders.
- Take responsibility for the achievements of own and team outcomes, monitor progress and follow through to deliver quality outcomes.
- Demonstrated understanding of Government ICT security compliance requirements and experience in their effective application across the entire ICT framework of an Agency.
- Demonstrated experience in security design and implementing and managing technical solutions to protect an Agency’s ICT environment.
- Proven ability to work within technical teams and develop effective working relationships to achieve organisational outcomes.
- Experience in undertaking ICT security risk assessments, according to the guidelines of the Australian Government Information Security Manual.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Systems-related field
- Security certification such as Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), or Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
Location and Contract Term:
This role can be based in NSW or ACT. Contract has an estimated start date of 29 November 2021 for 12 months with a potential extension.
Must be Australian citizens and have current BASELINE clearance.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Connie Bellam on 1300 944 936 for any further information. Applications close Sunday 14 November 2021 at 6pm.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
(NV1) Security Specialist
Software Developer - Cyber Security (Multiple) level 5 (TSPV)
Software Developer - Cyber Security (multiple) Level 5 (TSPV)
Security Specialist level 5 (NV2/TSPV)
Security Specialist level 4 (NV2/TSPV)