(NV1) Site Reliability Engineer
|Job Title:||(NV1) Site Reliability Engineer|
|Start Date:||2021-11-03 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Damien Mackerras|
|Job Published:||November 04, 2021 15:02|
The client operates a range of cyber defensive capabilities as a part of that mission. We are currently looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to fill a role with an agile, cohesive, and high-performing team. The outputs of this team directly contribute to the development and support of new and existing capabilities operated by the client.
The successful candidate will work closely with infrastructure engineers, software developers, testers, and systems administrators to ensure services and outputs meet customer needs. Applicants with experience in implementing Site Reliability Engineering will be highly regarded.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and maintain automation tools within an infrastructure as code methodology.
- Automate current processes to allow for rapid growth and scalability.
- Optimise monitoring and alerting for symptoms affecting critical applications.
- Design and implement a strategy to improve uptime of systems, and achieve Service Level Objectives.
- Provide high level, quality communications to customers.
This role reports to an APS Director.
Skills and Knowledge required / Major Responsibilities:
- Excellent analytical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Solid experience working with SQL, Concourse, and Splunk.
- Highly developed skills in a scripting language such as Python or PowerShell
- Demonstrated experience (2+ yrs) in a Site Reliability Engineering role
- Relevant vendor certifications(Splunk Certified, Site Reliability Engineering Foundation)
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Scaled Agile Framework and ITIL principles.
Location of work: Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract: 12 months
Contract extensions: The department may extend for periods up to 30 June 2023
Security Requirements: Due to the nature of the work, we require an NV1 clearance level.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Applications open until 18 November 2021.
Call Damien on 0480 002 455 or 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's