Procurement Program Manager
|Job Title:||Procurement Program Manager|
|Contact Name:||Kym Hinds|
|Job Published:||November 05, 2021 17:37|
The successful candidate will have experience within government procurement policy and procedures and will be quality focused and results driven.
- Apply excellent commercial acumen to lead the IT Infrastructure and Services Management procurement activities to ensure that optimum procurement outcomes are achieved.
- Managing procurement activities across each phase of the program including requirements definition, tender preparation, tender evaluation, supplier negotiation and implementation whilst collaboratively engaging with key stakeholders to deliver effective procurement outcomes.
- Effectively apply Commonwealth government procurement policies and legislative requirements to develop and implement strategies that deliver value for money outcomes including probity and transparency.
- Develop effective and collaborative relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders including senior management, departmental colleagues and other key team members including legal and probity advisors.
- Liaise with departmental subject matter experts to inform technical and quality of service requirements, and
- Support the planning, development and implementation of systems, tools, analytics and reporting to facilitate the delivery of best practice procurement outcomes.
The successful applicant will have excellent leadership skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to manage and motivate a dynamic team. Ability to represent the department’s interests in industry briefings and a range of stakeholder engagements.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate the following:
- Evidence of extensive experience in government IT end-to-end sourcing and contract management processes as a procurement professional.
- Experience in procurement activities which include IT Systems integration, Data Centre Management, Applications Management, Transition of IT services to a new IT Operating Model and IT Service Management
- Experience in leading complex negotiations to drive effective procurement outcomes.
- Experience in transition in and transition out of service providers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven ability engage with a diverse range of stakeholders and build collaborative and effective relationships to deliver outstanding procurement outcomes.
- Experience in identifying and managing risks and issues to ensure that projects, programs and outcomes are not impacted.
- Ability to implement procurement systems, tools and data analytics to support decision making, manage risk and maximise value for money outcomes.
- Knowledge of the Commonwealth Procurement Rules (CPR), Public Governance, Performance & Accountability (PGPA) Act and the Resource Management Guides (RMG)
- Minimum 5 years of practical procurement experience
The role is based in Canberra with an estimate start of 29 November until 30 June 2022. 2 x 12 month extension options possible.
Applicants must be Australia Citizens and have a current Baseline Security Clearance.
How to apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to provide a covering letter no longer than 2 pages outlining your skills and experience relevant to the position description, and an up-to-date resume.
Call Kym 1300 944 936 or email email@example.com for any further information.
Applications close Thursday 11 November 2021.