Computer, Storage & Backup Engineer (Contract or Perm)
|Job Title:||Computer, Storage & Backup Engineer (Contract or Perm)|
|Start Date:||2021-11-21 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||November 22, 2021 10:20|
One of our private clients, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, is looking for an experienced Computer, Storage & Backup Engineer to join their growing team.
You will be responsible for managing our client’s cloud hosting technologies within a variety of security domains. You will be working with market leading infrastructure technologies and will be designing and recommending best of breed solutions both internally and direct to their customers. To be successful in this role, you need to be “hands on”, possess exceptional troubleshooting skills and have a great attitude towards achieving outstanding results.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Monitoring, responding and managing alerts generated by both human and automated sources.
- Actively identifying areas where administrative or operational efficiencies can be improved.
- Assisting both internal and external clients or customers to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve incidents or service requests.
- Assisting customers in the design and development of solutions on our client’s IaaS platform.
- Liaising with vendor technical support to resolve or mitigate bugs in software or hardware.
- Repairing and replacing hardware.
- Creating reports based on service uptime, resource utilisation, security events, and other common key metrics.
- Experience with Cisco UCS Server Technologies or equivalent
- Experience with Block, File, Fibre Channel and S3 storage technologies
- Experience with Enterprise Backup technologies
- Experience installing, configuring, and cabling physical servers, storage and server switching equipment
- Experience with storage protocols such as S3, FCP, iSCSI, FCOE, NVME, NFS, SMB and CIFS
- Experience managing Storage Arrays such as Pure Storage FlashArray and FlashBlade
- Experience managing a Cisco UCS environment or similar
- Experience with Enterprise Backup solutions such as Veeam
- Familiarity with other common IT technologies like operating systems, databases, hypervisors, automation, and cloud computing and their dependencies on networking infrastructure.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to obtain and analyse information from varying sources and rationalise conclusions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adjust tone and/or language to suit the audience.
Location: Canberra (preferred) OR Sydney OR Brisbane
Contract Term: 12 months with extension options. Permanent option available.
Security Requirements: To be eligible for this role, you must be an Australian Citizen. Due to the work environment, our client has requested that all candidates must hold an AGSVA NV1 Security Clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close Monday, 13 November 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's