Multiple Data Modellers
|Job Title:||Multiple Data Modellers|
|Start Date:||2021-11-22 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Connie Bellam|
|Job Published:||November 23, 2021 09:39|
One of our Federal Government clients are seeking multiple Data Modellers. They will be assisting the Business Analyst in understanding and identifying the business needs of data. They will also:
- Develop the conceptual and logical data models supporting the requirements. Update the conceptual and logical models in the appropriate folder within the ER Studio Repository.
- Query and interpret data using efficient and effective SQL and provide sound advice on complex data/information related matters to deliver quality solutions
- Work with the Data Analyst in identifying the data structures and relationships that exist in the available sources of data including data flows, lineage and definitions.
- Work with the Solutions Designer and Data Analyst to identify gaps in the data, structures and relationships of new data required/acquired, processes to be developed around the data including derivation of values, data cleansing and conversion where applicable.
- Translate the logical model into the physical model, taking into account data availability, constraints and processes around the data. * * Update the physical model in ER Studio.
- Design the physical tables, noting primary keys and data types.
- Provide advice to data modelling stream lead for continuous improvement, taking into account industry best practices.
- Be intimately familiar with data modelling methods used within the Aged Care Data Warehouse, such as:
- E/R Diagrams
- Dimensional modelling
- Data Vault modelling
- Normalised (3NF) modelling
- Work with the development and BAU teams to implement the new and/or amended solution.
- Review and provide feedback to business analysts for reporting requirements, review and provide feedback for solution architecture design.
- Provide peer review feedback for data analyst project deliverables.
- Work with management to provide effort estimates, prioritize business and information needs.
- Knowledge of business intelligence solutions and data warehouse development
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong knowledge on system development life cycle
- Strong analysis skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of data modelling principles for data warehouses
- Strong delivery focus to complete tasks within schedule and quality standards
- Strong liaison and interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to:
- Engage with requesting business areas and other project stakeholders
- Discuss technical matters with both technical and non-technical staff
- Negotiate outcomes between business and technical areas
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team undertaking multiple projects and maintenance activities with potentially competing priorities
- Define and govern data modelling and design standards, tools, best practices, and related development for enterprise data models
- Experience in data analysis, data profiling, data mapping documentation, design and querying languages including SQL or similar
- Work proactively and independently to address project requirements and articulate issues/challenges to reduce project delivery risks
- Develop and enhance data models with adherence to ACDW data architecture principles and data modelling templates, methods and standards.
- Responsible for the following artefact : Data Models, Release document, DDL SQL scripts.
- Extensive experience as a BI Data Modeller, specialising in dimensional data modelling (Kimball methodology)
- Strong understanding of traditional/modern BI/DW, ETL and metadata concepts
- Demonstrated experience in using data modelling and metadata management tools such as ER Studio, Sparx EA, Erwin, or similar
- Minimum 5 years of data modelling experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in structured analysis and design. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in IT; or equivalent experience
Location and Contract Term:
This role is based in ACT and can be a hybrid role where candidates need to be onsite 2 weeks per month. Estimated start date of 4 January 2022 to 30 June 2022, with a 12 month extension option.
Must be Australian citizens with the ability to obtain Baseline security clearance.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Connie Bellam on 1300 944 936 for any further information. Applications close Sunday 28 November 2021 at 6pm.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's