|Job Title:||Network Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||November 24, 2021 12:21|
The Network Engineer will be responsible for contributing to the operations of the Infrastructure Support team, including; maintenance and support of existing infrastructure, delivery of technical projects and improvements to departmental ICT systems, with a particular focus on supporting the team internally, and contributing to a range of business-led projects requiring support with network security implementation and management
- Ensuring the ongoing stability, availability and optimised performance of PM&C’s multi-vendor networking environment.
- Performing regular security reviews and auditing of implemented firewall rules, and consolidation as required.
- Contribute to solution design, in conjunction with Information Services Branch Architects and the CTO.
- Producing and reviewing project/services delivery documentation including Architecture, Designs, ‘As built documentation’ and Operating Procedures.
- Building and Maintaining Stakeholder relationships (Including Executives, Business Representatives, project Managers and staff across government).
- Coordination of projects under the direction of the CTO and Infrastructure Manager
- Complete a diverse range of technical tasks within a secure environment.
- Work as part of a high functioning multi-skilled team.
- Participation in on-call activities as required
Skills and Experience Required:
- Demonstrated capability to scope, plan and execute on small projects – including managing, risks and issues, approvals and the balancing of multiple competing priorities.
- A working knowledge of the Information Security Manual (ISM), the Protective Security Framework Policy (PSFP), and other International Standards (ISO’s).
- Solid generalist skills in network engineering – including configuration, trouble shooting, service and security management tools for routing and switch platforms.
- The resource will demonstrate advanced skills in the following technologies:
- Experience with a range of vendor firewall solutions, including Checkpoint and/or Cisco ASAs
- Applying firewall and route/switch policy as applicable to a multiple security classification environment
- Centralised management and monitoring tools for firewalls and network devices
- Government firewall and routing policy, such as interoperating with GovLINK and other Government agencies
- IDS/IPS solutions
- Experience in some or most of the following network technologies is highly desirable:
- VMware NSX
Location and Contract Term: This is a Canberra based role. Contract till June 2022 with options to extend till June 2024 pending budget and delegate approval
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. Minimum of NV1 is required, NV2 preferred.
How to Apply:
Applications close 3 December.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's