Project / Delivery Manger / Scrum Master
|Job Title:||Project / Delivery Manger / Scrum Master|
|Contact Name:||Connie Bellam|
|Job Published:||November 24, 2021 12:36|
One of our Federal Government clients is seeking a Project / Delivery Manager / Scrum Master to deliver and operationally manage a suite of D365 business applications. D365 platform is a strategic business application delivery platform for better collaboration, resource optimization and to deliver integrated solutions.
The delivery teams are structured into Agile Solutions Train with three operational Agile Release Train (ARTs) with multiple scrum teams operating in DevOps model within Scaled Agile framework (SAFe). The Solutions program capability is working toward capacity based, capability funded model to leverage multiple productivity benefits of SAFe framework. In DevOps model Delivery and Operational responsibility are assigned within scrum teams.
The Scrum Master role will assist in delivery of the outcomes for the Agile Solutions Train. Scrum Master utilises their in-depth agile planning and technical skills to develop comprehensive delivery backlog with top-down planning, efforts estimation and task tracking through DevOps process. Scrum masters work with teams who operate with an agile mindset towards our vision of delivering contemporary and trusted services. The Senior Scrum Master works with and influences across teams, coaching them to self organise, structure, manage its work and achieve its goals. As a key source of knowledge of agile values, principles and practices, the Senior Scrum Master provides guidance on agile operating models and strategies for newly formed teams or projects and existing delivery areas, taking into account the context, team maturity, focus, priority, flow and value. Senior Scrum Masters exercise a considerable degree of independence and undertake a leadership role, with work performed under the broad direction of senior management. They undertake complex problem solving and issues management and develop strategic relationships to identify opportunities achieve outcomes and facilitate cooperation.
- Responsible for managing the scrum process with the coordination of scrum teams in Agile methodology
- Organise and facilitate the sprint planning meeting/s
- Arrange and facilitate daily stand up meetings, demo and decision making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaption process
- The Scrum Master must possess the following personal attributes:
- Leadership - must be able to garner respect from the team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
- Communicative and social - must be able to communicate well with stakeholders and teams
- Facilitative - must be able to lead and demonstrate value add principles to the team
- Assertive - must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make tough calls.
- Accountable to develop comprehensive delivery backlog with top-down planning, efforts estimation and task tracking through DevOps process.
- Resourcefully facilitate program delivery using agile practices, processes and tools, including rituals such as sprint planning, scrum meetings, iteration reviews and retrospectives and developing agile artefacts.
- Monitor Sprint progress on a daily basis, taking proactive measures ahead of time when required in order to achieve Sprint deadlines and objectives.
- Plan, forecast and resource multiple releases at once.
- Manage productive stakeholder relationships and associated risks.
- Manage a range of projects and be able to adapt agile development outcomes into traditional project management methodologies.
- Lead the preparation leading up to release planning, execute release planning and manage the release calendar of events
- Develop an agreed work plan of key performance indicators and outcomes.
- Regular reporting against performance and effort.
- Contribute towards knowledge and skills transfer.
- Extensive experience in IT business applications delivery across a fast-paced development environment.
- Ability to understand and groom enabling technical task (technical design, programming or Microsoft platform)
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and capacity to communicate and work effectively within a multi-disciplined and blended team environment.
- Experience using agile performance metrics to drive accountability and continuous improvement.
- Experience in SAFe implementations as an experienced Release Train Engineer facilitating Agile Release Train (ART) will be desirable.
- Proven performance in translating and communicating complex technical information to executive level nontechnical management
- Champion agile principles and inspires team to adopt to develop congenial team culture.
- Technical background (IT system analyst, programming, designing, architect) will be desirable.
Location and Contract Term:
This role is based in ACT with an estimated start date of 13 December 2021 for 12 months with a 12 month extension option.
Must be Australian citizens with the ability to obtain Baseline security clearance.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Connie Bellam on 1300 944 936 for any further information. Applications close Monday 29 November 2021 at 6pm.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's