SQL Database Administrator
|Job Title:||SQL Database Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||November 24, 2021 13:03|
SQL Database Administrators will be responsible for contributing to the operations of the Infrastructure Support team, including; maintenance and support of existing infrastructure, delivery of technical projects and improvements to departmental ICT systems, with a particular focus on designing, implementing and supporting database services across a range of platforms and operating systems
- Configuration and maintenance of databases and database infrastructure to ensure the ongoing stability, availability, security and optimised performance of Microsoft SQL & MySQL Services and database infrastructure.
- Contribute to solution design, in conjunction with Information Services Branch Architects and the CTO.
- Producing and reviewing project/services delivery documentation including Architecture, Designs, ‘As built documentation’ and Operating Procedures.
- Building and Maintaining Stakeholder relationships (Including Executives, Business Representatives, project Managers and staff across government).
- Coordination of projects under the direction of the CTO and Infrastructure Manager
- Complete a diverse range of technical tasks within a secure environment.
- Work as part of a high functioning multi-skilled team.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Demonstrated capability to scope, plan and execute on small projects – including managing, risks and issues, approvals and the balancing of multiple competing priorities.
- A working knowledge of the Information Security Manual (ISM), the Protective Security Framework Policy (PSFP), and other International Standards (ISO’s).
- The resource will demonstrate advanced skills in the following technologies:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 - 2019
- PaaS and IaaS platforms, such as Azure SQL
- SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis and SQL Server Reporting Services
- SQL Replication, Clustering and Availability Groups
- T-SQL coding - Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, XML
Location and Contract Term: This is a Canberra based role. Contract till June 2022 with options to extend till June 2024 pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role. Minimum of a NV1 security clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 3 December.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
(NV1) Database Administrator
Atlassian Administrator level 4 (TSPV)
ICT System Administrator level 5 (TSPV)
Systems Administrator - Linux level 5 (TSPV)
System Administrator (Multiple) level 4 (TSPV)