Information and Knowledge Management Project Officer
|Job Title:||Information and Knowledge Management Project Officer|
|Contact Name:||Connie Bellam|
|Job Published:||December 02, 2021 15:04|
One of our Federal Government clients is seeking an Information and Knowledge Management Project Officer. The role is responsible for undertaking work that is complex and/or sensitive in nature, under limited direction, utilising expertise and knowledge within the area of records and information management.
The Information and Knowledge Management Section is responsible for information management and business intelligence functions, including managing ObjectiveIM and the electronic document and records management system (EDRMS).
The information management team are a collaborative and driven team of professionals focused on the development and implementation of the information management framework, systems, strategy and policies. They actively engage with business areas to support their information management needs and improve the level of information management maturity across the business.
The Information and Knowledge Project Officer is a temporary full-time position to assist the Information and Knowledge Management team with several key projects, including developing an information asset register and updating the records disposals authorities. The role reports to the A/g Director, Information and Knowledge Management.
Key position responsibilities
- Provide accurate advice and guidance on government record retention and disposal requirements.
- Research and analyse record retention requirements to inform the review of the existing agency-specific records authority.
- Conduct an information review with the aim of utilising the results into the creation of an information asset register.
- Assist with metadata analysis and management in the development of an information asset register.
- Coordinate risk assessments and risk management activities relating to the development of an information asset register.
- Collaborate and engage with stakeholders including internal business areas and the National Archives of Australia (NAA).
- Report regularly on progress to senior executives by assisting in the preparation of papers or briefs as needed.
- Hold an active Baseline security clearance
- Character clearance, including a police check
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless the candidate is exempt on medical grounds or an exemption is otherwise approved
- Ability to maintain political neutrality
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience working within a federal government recordkeeping legislative environment
- Demonstrated organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines while exercising sound judgement.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of government recordkeeping regulations and frameworks.
- Excellent oral and written communication and stakeholder collaboration and engagement skills.
- Demonstrated personal drive and integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and budget parameters.
- Experience performing research and analysis including preparation of reports.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of applications and Microsoft SharePoint.
Location and Contract Term:
This role is based in Canberra ACT, with an estimated start date of 4 January 2022 to 30 June 2022, with 1x 3 month extension possible.
Must be Australian citizens with current Baseline security clearance.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Connie Bellam on 1300 944 936 for any further information. Applications close Tuesday 7 December 2021 at 6pm.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
(NV1/NV2 pref) Project Support Officer SFIA4
Project Finance Officer level 5 (TSPV)
Project Support Officer – Cloud Resources level 3 (TSPV)
Project Support Officer – Multiple roles level 3 (TSPV)
Project Support Officer – Multiple positions level 2 (TSPV)