Data/System Analyst Modellers
|Job Title:||Data/System Analyst Modellers|
|Start Date:||2021-12-06 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Maria Fabello|
|Job Published:||December 07, 2021 11:34|
Estimated start date: 1-02-2022
Location of work: Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract: To 30 June 2023
Contract extensions: One option of twelve months 1/7/2023- 30/6/2024 subject to funds and availability
Security clearance Must have current baseline clearance
The department is seeking experienced system/data analyst modellers to meet emerging needs of the department and business areas, through the development and maintenance of an innovative, robust and sustainable data analytics and integration capability.
As a system/data analyst modeller, you will be required to:
• Conduct data modelling on existing and emerging transactional and business intelligence data assets to inform data architecture;
• Assist in documenting research, data findings and approach activities as part of a wider team;
• Analyse and model the vast amounts of data that enter or exit business intelligence systems;
• Work as a part of an application delivery team, alongside business analysts, developers and testers to deliver on project-based objectives to drive delivery of outcomes; and
• Work under limited direction and be accountable for undertaking planning, analysis, design, development, and delivery activities within tight timeframes.
1. Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Data/System Analyst Modeller with: •Strong knowledge of database structure systems, data analytics, and data modelling techniques; •Demonstrated ability to understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions; and •Demonstrated ability to validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
2. Demonstrated analytical skills in: •Designing data for web services; •Maintaining conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata; and •Analysing data-related system integration challenges and subsequent proposal of appropriate solutions.
3. Demonstrated experience using SQL coding language to analyse vast amounts of data that enter/exit business intelligence systems or other source data using tools such as SQL Server Management Studio.
4. Demonstrated experience modelling data using one or more of the following modelling techniques: •Entity relationship diagram (ERD); •Ensemble modelling (e.g. DataVault); and/or •Star Schema (e.g. Kimball).
5. Well-developed team collaboration and communication skills: •Demonstrated ability to work under limited direction with competing priorities and be accountable for completion of work; and •Demonstrated ability to adapt and work in a constantly changing environment.
6. Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively within an Agile multi-disciplinary team; and
7. Demonstrated data engineer experience, including: •in developing, configuring, validating, and managing Microsoft cloud platforms, Data Factory, SQL Server, Databricks; and •in DevOps and/or DataOps.
Call Maria Luiza on 0480 002 461 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's