|Job Title:||Content Designers|
|Contact Name:||Connie Bellam|
|Job Published:||January 07, 2022 16:30|
Our Government client is currently seeking multiple Content Designers to join their team in either ACT, NSW or VIC. They are open to full time or part-time applicants at varying experience levels to work on an exciting and rewarding digital project where they are designing and delivering revolutionary new experiences. This will improve outcomes for millions of Australians and you could be a part of this.
You’ll be part of a new Content Team - a high-performing and busy bunch of Content Specialists in the midst of a rapid expansion, who share a passion for producing great content that makes a measurable difference in people’s lives. You’ll also work with agile, multi-disciplinary teams across the project. This means working with:
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- User Researchers
- Service Designers
- Front-End Designers
- Other digital specialists.
You’ll also work with subject matter experts (SMEs) to peer-write content. This includes policy and technical stakeholders. They produce content for a range of mediums and channels. This includes content for new products, currently under development. (public and ‘signed in’ website pages, mobile app for job seekers and a virtual assistant).
The team also produces content for notifications. This includes emails, SMS and push notifications for the app. Providing quality assurance and advice for authors and content producers in other business areas. Supporting colleagues who write eLearning modules, videos and other communication products. You’ll produce content for job seekers, employers and employment service providers across a mix of mediums and channels. Your content will support individuals to find suitable and sustainable work, and help businesses find the right staff. You’ll manage the end-to-end workflow to update old content and create new content. This means identifying needs then planning, drafting, editing, reviewing and coordinating clearances. It also means working with stakeholders and content colleagues at key steps along the way. They are open to entry level content writers, and those in other communication professions who want to become a content designer. Also interested in those at the more senior levels to work as Content Leads.
To be suitable, you should have skills in:
- understanding complex information and transforming it into plain language
- writing for diverse audiences, considering culture, language, education levels and abilities
- writing to meet whole-of-government standards, like the Style Manual and Digital Service Standard
- stakeholder engagement, for peer-writing and coordinating clearances
- working with multidisciplinary team in agile project environments.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in writing, editing and delivering plain language digital content.
- Experience advocating and educating stakeholders about content ‘best practice’.
- Knowledge of the Australian Government Style Manual and Digital Service Standard.
- Experience advocating for a user-centred approach and good content practices.
- Experience with GatherContent, or a similar content operations platform.
Location and Contract Term:
This role can be based in NSW, ACT or VIC, with an estimated start date of 1 February to 30 June 2022 with contract extension options a. 1/7/2022 - 30/6/2023 or b. 1/7/2023 - 30/6/2024
Applicants must be Australian citizens with the ability to obtain baseline clearance.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Kym Hinds on 1300 944 936 for any further information. Applications close Thursday 13 January 2022 at 6pm.