Unified Communications Engineer
|Job Title:||Unified Communications Engineer|
|Start Date:||2022-01-09 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Maria Fabello|
|Job Published:||January 10, 2022 17:24|
Estimated start date: 21-02-2022
Location of work: Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria
Length of contract: 6 months
Contract extensions: potential 6-12 months
Security clearance: Must have current negative vetting level 1 clearance
Application closing date: 19 January 2022 at 6pm (in Canberra)
We are looking for two experienced Unified Communications (UC) engineers to support our client extensive global voice and video network, distributed across 80 sites in over 50 countries. These roles will form a two person UC support team that is part of the Network Communications team.
The roles are primarily responsible for operational support for a mix of on-premises and cloud-based UC systems but may also include some small project work.
• Manage operation of global voice and video services.
• Perform day-to-day administration activities for global voice and video operations including:
– Respond to system problems and rectifying faults.
– Maintenance operations such as configuration and system upgrades.
– Monitor voice and video system health and maintain a systems disaster recovery manual.
– Ensure all voice and video conference service documentation and standard operating procedures are up to date and relevant.
• Work with project teams to support delivery of new IT services and upgrades.
• Engage with network and infrastructure architects to design and lead the implementation new unified communication initiatives.
• Make recommendations for the acquisition of relevant goods or services.
• Contribute to service delivery while supporting the practice of diversity in the workplace, ethical practice and occupational health and safety principles.
• Operational experience and troubleshooting skills with large UC deployments.
• Knowledge of SIP trunking and experience deploying and managing SIP telephony.
• Experience with the Cisco UC Suite, including CUCM, CUC & UCCX.
• Working knowledge of conferencing solutions including WebEx and Expressway C/E, MRA, & B2B
• Experience with IM & Presence products.
• Understanding of Voice and Video Codecs, and configuration of CAC and QOS.
• Proven ability to work within a small team
• Ability to manage small projects and achieve outcomes in agreed timeframes.
• Sound oral and written communications skills
• Experience with Microsoft Teams Calling & Conferencing products
• Cisco certification such as CCNP(Voice)
• Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or Information-Systems related field
• The ability to provide routing and switching troubleshooting and maintenance.
• Willingness to perform out-of-hours on-call assistance support to resolve urgent faults.
Call Maria Luiza on 0480 002 461 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's