Senior Data Scientist
|Job Title:||Senior Data Scientist|
|Contact Name:||Kym Hinds|
|Job Published:||January 13, 2022 15:49|
Using a range of data sources and liaising with a number of stakeholders across the agency, the Senior Data Scientist will use an agile approach to design, deliver and document data dashboards in Power BI to support the department. The Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for increasing data capability by mentoring/developing a small number of staff to assist in dashboard development. The Senior Data Scientist will provide detailed documentation outlining how to use, maintain and extend the dashboards including all data sources and data preparation/cleansing undertaken.
Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrated experience in the development of dashboards and expertise in business intelligence using Power BI
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, an ability to quickly understand the data and operating environment to assist business area interpret data
- Demonstrated experience in data extraction, cleansing and manipulation
- Experience with statistical analysis and statistical concepts
- Experience using SQL or similar query language to extract and manipulate data (desirable but not essential)
The role is based in Canberra, however, can also be performed remotely with an estimate start of 1 February. The Senior Data Scientist will work 3 days per work (7.5 hours per day), for approximately 5 months.
Applicants must be Australia Citizens and have a current Baseline Security Clearance.
How to apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Kym 1300 944 936 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information.
Applications close Wednesday 26 January 2022.