Doctrine Publication Support
|Job Title:||Doctrine Publication Support|
|Contact Name:||Aaron Breban|
|Job Published:||May 09, 2019 18:31|
Joint doctrine describes fundamental principles that guide actions organisations to achieve their objectives. Joint doctrine publications are designed to concisely describe these principles, and so promote coordinated actions in support of missions and intent.
Joint Doctrine Directorate manages the Joint Doctrine Library (JDL):
- The JDL consists of around 70-80 publications divided into seven series. The Directorate aims to produce (new or updated versions) 15 books p.a.
Skills and Qualifications:
The Joint Doctrine Officer role involves project managing specific joint doctrine development tasks. The goal is to produce high quality, relevant doctrine. Joint Doctrine Officers focus on research, analysis, stakeholder engagement, publication and some authoring tasks, so contractors with substantial experience in this field are sought.
The scope of this role includes:
- Conduct research and analysis on joint doctrine needs and development options, presented in a Doctrine Analysis Report format.
- Be a publication developer for joint doctrine, which includes leading staff, authors and working groups to analyse, review and develop publications in the doctrine series from inception to completion, in accordance with the Joint Doctrine Development Process and the Project Writing Manual.
- when appointed, be an author for joint doctrine.
- Assist other joint doctrine staff to review, analyse, develop, maintain and produce assigned publications.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other joint doctrine staff and stakeholders.
- Review developing and draft joint doctrine in accordance with the Joint Doctrine Development Procedures (JDDP) and the Project Writing Manual.
- Research and analyse, and where appropriate comment upon, allied joint doctrine to determine and address interoperability issues.
- Attend and contribute to Joint Doctrine Management Group meetings.
- Act as a joint doctrine liaison officer as assigned.
- Assist terminology development and certification in conjunction with doctrine development.
- The deliverables for this contract are four Joint Doctrine publications or equivalent tasks, on topics as directed by the Deputy Director.
For further information please contact BDM Aaron Breban at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0439394902
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's