Contracting With Whizdom
Extensive Opportunities: We have an extensive client base nationally with Private, Federal and Local Government Clients which allows us to be a long-term partner in your career development and management.
Candidate Portal: Candidates can log in to our Candidate portal and manage alerts, get feedback and status on current and previous roles and a whole lot more. This is a leading industry offering to our candidates putting you in the driving seat of your career. (Starting July 2019)
Career Management & Well Being: Our dedicated Account and Business Managers will work with you, not only on current engagements but making sure you are well positioned and have the skills for future opportunities. You will have access to a dedicated Contractor Care Manager to facilitate ongoing wellbeing and WHS requirements.
No Employment Restrictions: We have no employment restrictions in our contracts which puts our service and commitment to you on the line every day, this is very rare with recruiters. We will also return any missed calls and emails, so you don’t have to chase us up. We provide ongoing updates and communication, so you always know what’s going on with your contract and the progress of any applications.
Fast & Flexible Payments: We are known as the quickest payers in town, we do a pay run every work day, so once we get an approved timesheet and invoice, payments are usually same day or next day. We have flexible payment cycles to meet your requirements and can provide access to advanced salary packaging services.
Cost Effective: We provide an unbundled service, so you only pay for what you use putting the most money in your pocket. Our overheads are lower as we are self-funded. This means our margins are lower which gives you a price advantage when working through Whizdom to Clients. Whizdom includes Workers Compensation and required insurances standard in our fee for all contractors no matter of the working arrangements.
Quality, Standards and Certifications: Whizdom is a member of Industry Bodies (ASPCo and RCSA) and our Account, and Business Managers obtain industry certifications, guaranteeing our commitment to strict codes of conduct, quality and staying current with what is happening in the industry. Certex has independently accredited Whizdom for the JAS-ANZ Talent Engagement Standard (TES). The TES sets best practice for organisations which recruit and manage workers. Created with reference to legislative requirements, existing industry standards, and business best practice, the TES defines the critical compliance areas for employers. Whizdom contributes to industry market and rate analytics which provides Whizdom with national benchmarks in professional staffing contract and permanent pay scales.
Longevity: We have been around since 2006 and have increased our business every year, so we are a safe option to support your career.
Appraisals & Feedback: We do appraisals with our contractors' hiring managers, so we can provide you with feedback and ensure any issues are highlighted early, but more importantly you know how the engagement is going with the client.
Testimonials: It does not matter what we say, but our Contractor testimonials are a good source of validation in making your choice to choose a valuable Recruitment and Career Management partner.
EAP Program: Whizdom contractors have access to Whizdom's newly introduced Employee Assistance Program from 1/07/2019.
Contracting Flexibility: - There are three main ways to contract through Whizdom, and we have highlighted some factors to consider for your engagement.
Note: Insurances such as Workers Comp, PI/PL are included as standard in our fee for all of our Whizdom contractors regardless of the contractor engagement model. ($10m of Professional Indemnity and $20m of Public Liability insurance)
- PAYG Contractor - PAYG is an ideal option for a cost-effective and hassle-free solution. This offers the simplicity of Whizdom managing all the time-consuming and costly administration tasks associated with being a Pty Ltd contractor.
- Pty Ltd Company - Pty Ltd contracting is an ideal option if you prefer the flexibility and control of running your own company and employing other workers. However, this option is the most expensive, high compliance requirements and time-consuming.
- Payroll Management Company - Payroll companies are ideal for contractors requiring complex salary packaging, such as cars or Living away from Home Allowance. These are also transportable arrangements if you change recruiters.
More details on these options and contracting can be found in our free Ebook here
PAYG is an ideal option if you prefer the simplicity of Whizdom managing all the time-consuming and costly administration tasks associated with being an independent or PTY LTD contractor. It is only available to Whizdom contractors and not transportable if contractors leave Whizdom.
As a PAYG (Pay As You Go) contractor, Whizdom takes care of everything on your behalf including...
* Process your pay
* Low risk no other parties or delays involved, paid directly by Whizdom.
* Access to Whizdom Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Have a direct email and phone contact of Whizdom payroll and finance team.
* Remitting tax as per your pay cycle
* Administering Superannuation to the fund of your choice
* Superannuation Salary Sacrifice
* Issuing your Group Certificate
* Liaising with the ATO (IAS and BAS)
* Administering all Workers Compensation claims
* Flexible Pay options Fortnightly/Monthly
* Low cost currently 1.25% administration fee on your gross hourly pay.
* Whizdom does pay run every day, so payments are made on receipt of signed and approved timesheet.
* Candidate portal to manage your preferences and contact with Whizdom
PTY LTD Contracting
Complex and costly
Pty Ltd contracting is an ideal option if you prefer the flexibility and control of running your own company. As a Pty Ltd contractor, your contract through your own proprietary limited company and need to be compliant with all Government regulations and may need to double up on some insurances. We would not recommend setting up a company for the sole purposes of contracting but seek financial advice and costs involved from your accountant if you are considering this.
* Be Registered for GST
* May need to double up on some insurances (WC, PI/PL)
* Responsible for your own Superannuation and any workers
* Complete IAS/ BAS statements as required
* Responsible for all accounts and associated costs, you will be responsible and not your accountant.
* Keep abreast of complex legislation and compliance, understand 80/20 rule for salary
* Significant costs and time involved
* Qualified Accountant administering your company will be expensive.
* We will need a copy of your insurances, registration of GST and Company registration.
Payroll Management Companies
Payroll Management companies are ideal for contractors who want advanced salary packaging options such as car leasing, Living Away from Home Allowance, have multiple contracts with different recruiters and some provide other financial advice and benefits. Payroll companies will treat you as an PAYG employee with additional benefits if you want to use them. Be careful when choosing a reputable Payroll company as it is your money. We would recommend using a Payroll company that has had some due diligence done on them such as those listed on the APSCo Australia site under Affiliate Services – Payroll Services
Payroll Management companies will...
* Provide you with a company tax structure to work under
* Act as your own tax expert
* Take care of all administration and back office support on your behalf
* May maximise your tax position
* May Cover you for Workers Compensation, Public Liability, and Professional Indemnity insurance (depending on Recruiter coverage)
* Costs are usually around 2-3% based on services required
* Can keep Payroll Management company if you change Recruiters.