|Job Title:||Data Engineers|
|Contact Name:||Nicole McCann|
|Job Published:||May 03, 2019 17:45|
The Data Engineer will be responsible for working under limited direction as a member of a team responsible for developing Advanced Data Analytics architectural approaches, techniques and software, documenting the architecture and assisting with testing and deployment of prototype or production solutions.
The role will need very high level data engineering, architectural and software development skills with a focus on innovative manipulation of large data sets, and a proven ability to work within an integrated team of technical/non-technical personnel.
- Lead and provide guidance on information and communication technological architectures and data models.
- Takes responsibility for the development of software using a variety of software languages (e.g. Python, Java) and development environments, to ensure it meets business requirements.
- Specifies and applies appropriate mathematical, statistical, predictive modelling or machine-learning techniques to analyse data, generate insights, create value and support decision-making. Manages reviews of the benefits and value of analytics techniques and tools and recommends improvements.
- Contribute to and support leadership efforts to improve data science processes and techniques.
- Identify system interdependencies and liaise with other system stakeholders to resolve conflict and coordinate integrated solutions.
- Provide guidance and direction to an integrated agile team to meet the prioritised schedule of work.
- Document technical processes and write documentation in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 5.
Must hold either a current Top Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) security clearance OR have held a TSPV in the previous 12 month period (which has since been downgraded).
Candidates that do not meet the requirements will not be contacted or considered.
Applications close 13 May.
Contact Nicole for further details. 1300 944 936