|Job Title:||Solution Architect|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||May 06, 2019 18:16|
The Solution Architect will be responsible for creating a solution architecture to define current and future systems to help drive the modernisation agenda within the department.
This role will work closely with a systems analyst to create the necessary detail to help shape and inform the direction of a future state for the organisation’s systems. A key part of the role will be the ability to identify, shape and describe opportunities for technological innovation and thinking outside the box.
The Program is tasked with creating a systems design that will meet the needs of the departments currently and into the future. It will be up to this role to define and shape what architectural elements and artefacts are needed to ensure that the outcomes for the program can be implemented in a compliant and effective manner. The work will need to integrate with both business requirements and a business architecture.
The role is expected to have a strong understanding of modern business systems in government, and a background in solution architecture in large and complex projects is essential. The role will have a responsibility to engage and communicate widely across the business, meaning stakeholder engagement and management skills are highly desired.
Success for this role will rely on the individual’s ability to deliver in a fast paced and highly dynamic environment, a good cultural fit and an ability to challenge and drive thinking in new directions.
Develop end to end solution architecture for future state systems
Skills and Experience Required:
- Have 5+ years of demonstrated experience working as a Solution Architect inside complex and large scale ICT Projects/Programs
- Ability to demonstrate core position responsibilities (resume and interview)
- Proven knowledge and experience in defining solution architecture for both current and future state, including (a) Infrastructure Mapping (b) Data Management and (c) Integration Mapping
- Proven ability to deliver solution architecture that meets business requirements and aligns with organisational constraints
- Demonstrate sound working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies (i.e. TOGAF, Zachman)
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and translate between business and technical terminology
- undergo a police check
Nice-to-have skills and experience:
- Experience working with cloud based systems and cyber security
Contract Term - 6 Month Contract with possible extensions
Security Requirements- Applicants must be Australian Citizens. Character clearance, including police check.
Applications close 12 May, please upload your resume to apply.
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information.